A few apps I am checking out for my moto 360

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
0010_moto_360_watch.jpg

My Moto 360 just arrived today and the first 3 apps I installed are the ones listed below. What are you using on your android watch?

Wear Mini Launcher

Beautiful Watches

Calendar for Android Wear

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else found that these third party watch faces tend to drain battery quicker? Maybe it is the number of pixels a watch face uses? I've found my battery life is best with this watch face froM Beautiful Faces that I customized thusly:
IMG_20140922_123958634.jpg

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Any update on these?

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I like the mini launcher. How do you add apps to it? Also, does the calendar import from Google calendar?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm still forcing myself to not use any sort of launcher on the watch. As a result, there aren't a ton of apps that I use directly on the watch. It's mostly a notification center/voice command machine for me. Although, I have played a bubble shooter game (Bubble Shootix) on the watch. That was fun for what it was.

I've also used a calculator app a few times. Never had one of those calc/watches before, so this is me reliving my misspent youth a bit.

Everything else, I either launch by voice on the rare occasion that I use it, or go to the Start list on the Google Now interface and scroll to it.

I may change my tune as more useful apps come out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I like the mini launcher. How do you add apps to it? Also, does the calendar import from Google calendar?
Calendar, yes. Mini launcher, good question. I installed it and had a good number of them already but certainly not everything I have in the phone.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Calendar, yes. Mini launcher, good question. I installed it and had a good number of them already but certainly not everything I have in the phone.

It does. Or, at least, the one that Ava and I found in another thread does. ;)

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The calendar went right into the mini launcher app drawer. Very handy!

Sent from my Turbo via Tapatalk

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
So I'm trying out a few more apps that I have found. Vibration Notifier allows you to lengthen the time of vibration to make it easier to respond. Coffee is an sms app. It allows you to change the vibration pattern so that you can recognize the difference between sms and email. The last one is pong. It covers several messaging apps. I deactivated all of the ones that I don't use, and now it notifies me just for Facebook messenger. Both of the sms apps offer pre-made questions and responses.

Sent from my Turbo via Tapatalk

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Coffee does much more then just that.

Turbo Tap'n
I haven't really has much time to explore. I started nursing school this week, so I've only been searching for basics. (I've been out of school more than a quarter century). I'm interested in else it can do

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk