[ROM] A Clean Rom for DNA

jedibob7

Reaction score
Quick question about the rom: does the menu button still pop up on apps that require it and did you get rid of the sense settings menu?

jedibob7

Reaction score
Just flashed it I like it so far, but it does seem a bit slower and quadrant dropped 1000 points is anyone else running into this?

weber3040

Reaction score
return to stock question

im new to the htc modding world coming from motorola. if i do this root-ing and rom-ing, on my htc dna and it says tampered, is it possible to make it completely back to stock for OTA updates or insurance claims?

jedibob7

Reaction score
alright well after a couple of reboots my quadrant is at the 8000 range

tomthebomb

Reaction score
I installed cubed kernel 2.4.2, then installed the CleanROM_For_DNA_1.3.5.zip, but now when I reboot the device hangs at the HTC screen with the little red text warning message at the bottom that says "this build is for development purposes....".

I must have made a mistake at some step, was I supposed to reboot in between the cubed kernel install and the cleanrom install?

I can get back into the bootloader and recovery, so I am confident I haven't bricked the poor thing.

Should I try flashing the rom again?

Also, I didn't see any speedscripts on your download page, are they integrated into the latest package? or linked somewhere else? Myfishbear's Rom Server ./Droid DNA

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I installed cubed kernel 2.4.2, then installed the CleanROM_For_DNA_1.3.5.zip, but now when I reboot the device hangs at the HTC screen with the little red text warning message at the bottom that says "this build is for development purposes....".

I must have made a mistake at some step, was I supposed to reboot in between the cubed kernel install and the cleanrom install?

I can get back into the bootloader and recovery, so I am confident I haven't bricked the poor thing.

Should I try flashing the rom again?

Also, I didn't see any speedscripts on your download page, are they integrated into the latest package? or linked somewhere else? Myfishbear's Rom Server ./Droid DNA
speed script is in patches under that page
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/?dir=/Droid DNA/patches
wipe
flash rom
boot
fastboot kern
flash mods

if it will not boot still...(due to file reminents sometimes)
wipe install ubk 1.2 and flash the rom on top of that without wipeing in between roms
fastboot kern
flash mods

tomthebomb

Reaction score
Well, I ran installed the rom again in TWRP, and now after reboot, I see the green custom loading animation, but it just keeps swirling and swirling : )

I must be missing something, any ideas?

Thanks.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I ran installed the rom again in TWRP, and now after reboot, I see the green custom loading animation, but it just keeps swirling and swirling : )

I must be missing something, any ideas?

Thanks.
it takes a while sometimes (about 6 mins) if it will not boot still...(due to file reminents sometimes)
wipe install ubk 1.2 and flash the rom on top of that without wipeing in between roms
fastboot kern
flash mods

tomthebomb

Reaction score
fastboot kern
flash mods

I apologize in advance, I am not very familiar yet with modifying Android.

If file remnants are the issue, could I use TWRP to wipe internal and everything, then reinstall the rom fresh?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I apologize in advance, I am not very familiar yet with modifying Android.

If file remnants are the issue, could I use TWRP to wipe internal and everything, then reinstall the rom fresh?

action : what app/mode to use
1. wipe :TWRP
2. flash rom :TWRP
3. boot
4. fastboot kern :ADB fastboot
5. flash mods :TWRP

if it will not boot still...
1. wipe :TWRP
2. install ubk 1.2 :TWRP
3. boot
4. flash the cleanrom on top of that without wipeing :TWRP
5. fastboot kern :ADB fastboot