902 Update - Download speed is terrible

mandragora

Reaction score
Just got the update and I am getting .5mb downloads where I was getting 10mb. Upload is fine. I did not check prior to the update if the speed was OK though so I don't know for sure if it is the phone or the network. I have a friend getting the same results right next to me.

I did a battery pull and restarted but I have the same results. Anyone else seeing this?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I tested speeds over WiFi, 4g and 3g and all were in range. If you and your friend sitting next to you are both having the same issue, it could be a temporary problem with your local tower.

For reference:

4g: 11.29Mbps down, 9.80Mbps up
3g: 1.81Mbps down, 0.69Mbps up
WiFi: 9.35Mbps down, 4.10Mbps up

OP
mandragora

mandragora

Reaction score
It took about 15 - 20 min to doownload the update so that could indicate it was slow before we started. How long did it take others to download the update?

Reaction score
Just got the update and I am getting .5mb downloads where I was getting 10mb. Upload is fine. I did not check prior to the update if the speed was OK though so I don't know for sure if it is the phone or the network. I have a friend getting the same results right next to me.

I did a battery pull and restarted but I have the same results. Anyone else seeing this?

Chill out tin hat... Just did the download test got 13447, even above your "10 mb" ... He is a troubleshooting clue... If both your friend and you gave the same download speed... There has to be a connecting factor... That would be the network.....

welsalex

Reaction score
I wasnt paying full attention to download time but it couldn't have been more than 10 mins based on what i was doing at the time

yelosub7

Reaction score
Probably just a tower issue. At my house I could only get around 8-10 dl speed on 4G, now I am pushing 30mb/s. Maybe the towers got upgraded simultaneously with the downgrade of yours.

Either way 4G coverage is not what we are all used to with 3g. There is just going to be some spotty signal for at least another year or two on LTD.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brent.murray

Reaction score
I tested speeds over WiFi, 4g and 3g and all were in range. If you and your friend sitting next to you are both having the same issue, it could be a temporary problem with your local tower.

For reference:

POST .902 update:

4G: none in my area
3G: 0.56Mbps down, 0.61Mbps up
Wifi: 13.79Mbps down, 4.24Mbps up

WTF is up with my 3G?!?!?!? ARGH!!! I've already had to restart my phone twice on phone calls due to such bad service. (It switched to Extended Network). I've been at home the whole time, where I usually have GREAT service.

UPDATE

I gave it a little bit and got:

4G: none in my area
3G: 2.00Mbps down, 0.86Mbps up Tower issues maybe?
Wifi: 13.79Mbps down, 4.24Mbps up

Last edited:

2THEXTRM

Reaction score

For reference:

4G: Not in 4G area now
3G: 2.45Mbps down, .83Mbps up
WiFi: 12.41Mbps down, .99Mbps up

3G seems consistently slow with everyone, as I posted in another thread regarding data signal full-time blue(like mine) where before it was only blue occasionally:
Since blue means connected to Google servers, maybe they are polling everyones phones to gather info on the soak/rollout and hogging bandwith causing slow connections?

OP
mandragora

mandragora

Reaction score
At lunch I left my office and drove a couple of miles and my DL speed went back up to 16mb, so the problem was in my office.