.902 Root Method!

cjj2d

Reaction score
I am currently on .895 and Eclipse 2.1.

I want to get to .902 and Eclipse 2.2.

what path do I take and where can I get .902?

thanks.

CamoCustom

Reaction score
I am currently on .895 and Eclipse 2.1.

I want to get to .902 and Eclipse 2.2.

what path do I take and where can I get .902?

thanks.

I think would have to either Fastboot to stock .893 or RSD, then update OTA to .902, then backup, and flash eclipse 2.2

RVZFan

Reaction score
Hey all. Just got a Bionic from an OG. I think im doing everything correctly, but it wont root. Seems like im not doing something cuz its too easy. I have it in debugging mode, in charge only mode, then run run.bat and I get a black screen saying a bunch of "not recognized as an internal or external command" down the whole window, but then it says exploit complete. The phone does nothing. Any advice please?

pabtheghost

Reaction score
alright, i might just be an idiot, but does anyone know what is meant by “change into the zip directory” in the mac instructions?

i get this when i run it:

---------------------------------------------------------
edit-blahblah
-------------------------------------------------------

but it all dumps out in less than a second. no reboots on my phone or anything. just running the run.sh file from right where it is

edit-nevermind... im just doing it on a PC. connections between my mac and phone never seem to work properly

Last edited:

Pugz

Reaction score
Hey all. Just got a Bionic from an OG. I think im doing everything correctly, but it wont root. Seems like im not doing something cuz its too easy. I have it in debugging mode, in charge only mode, then run run.bat and I get a black screen saying a bunch of "not recognized as an internal or external command" down the whole window, but then it says exploit complete. The phone does nothing. Any advice please?

I'm getting the same outcome, not sure what the deal is. This is what I am getting...just got a replacement phone in the mail today and trying to root it, 0 is happening.

[*]
[*] Motofail: Universal Motorola Android Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Tested on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, and Droid 4
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[*] Device found.
[*] Deploying payload...
[*] Owning phone...
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Attemping persistence...
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Pugz

Reaction score
nvm I figured it out...I didn't extract motofail to my computer. was trying to run it from the zip

markwebb

Reaction score
Also works flawlessly on the 905 update: I keep a copy of this on both my Home and Work computers.

Bshade

Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some help here, I am trying to root my phone since I lost it with the last update. I have read through this entire thread and have done everything that has been said, I even went as far to reset my phone back to factory and delete everything that was on it. I thought that something from my last root was maybe messing me up. So anyway I get the same response as the guys above it goes through all the lines of text then says it was successful but the phone never reboots and never does anything. I am running windows 7 on my PC and have the 64bit drivers. The phone is all set up with debug mode, charge only, and even trust unknown sources. I haae software 5.9.905 I don't know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

rttwlr7

Reaction score
Bshade said:
Hey guys looking for some help here, I am trying to root my phone since I lost it with the last update. I have read through this entire thread and have done everything that has been said, I even went as far to reset my phone back to factory and delete everything that was on it. I thought that something from my last root was maybe messing me up. So anyway I get the same response as the guys above it goes through all the lines of text then says it was successful but the phone never reboots and never does anything. I am running windows 7 on my PC and have the 64bit drivers. The phone is all set up with debug mode, charge only, and even trust unknown sources. I haae software 5.9.905 I don't know what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

Im using the same version with 2.3.4 on droid bionic and i rooted with 1 click root without doing the factory reset. My phone has not been previously rooted. Hope this info helps.

Bshade

Reaction score
I have tried the Motofail, the one click root that had used before and another one that I found in a thread I cant remeber what it was called, the one click and the motofail both tell me that the root was a succes but the phone never reboots or anything. The third one has four buttons across the botom one for root one for unroot and back up or something the other two. That was the only one that told me that the root did not work. said it could not pus the SU