6.12.181 killed my phone! :(

ballmore

Reaction score
I need help bad. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. I was at the hospital with my 3 year old son since yesterday at 4 p.m. I left the hospital around 2a.m. to go home and try to get some sleep. My wife is still at the hospital with our son.
On the way home I got the notification to download the update. I downloaded it and a half hour later my phone started going into a boot loop. A few hours later and its still going through the boot loop process. The phone will boot up to the unlock screen. When i unlock the phone a message pops up that says "os failure." Then it will start the boot loop process again. I am beyond pissed off!!!! Now I have lost much needed sleep at the worst time possible. I wasn't rooted. My phone didn't have any problems before the update. And I will be very mad if I end up losing all of my apps. I have had my phone over a month and I will definitely be cussing Verizon if they have to do a factory reset or try to make me take a refurbished phone as a replacement!!!!!!!!!

OP
ballmore

ballmore

Reaction score
The message that pops up before the boot loop is "process system is not responding" What is going on and how do I fix my Razr?

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
You would probably be able to go to factory recovery and clear cache and be fine, as far as the razr is concerned I don't know how to get into recovery but I would definitely try that before going to Verizon

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
ballmore said:
Sorry. Ive been at the hospital all day. The factory reset worked but it sucks cuz i lost a ton of bookmarks and stuff.

When you did the reset, it should've given you the option to backup your phone to your Google account. Select this and your bookmarks will be stored and transferred back to your phone in the event of a factory reset. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!