Boot loop

SwagTech

Reaction score
I awoke to my phone booting up. After a few minutes I did a battery pull. It rebooted normally. I checked the battery stats and I can tell it was looping for a
couple of hours while I was sleeping. Before going to sleep, I deleted some downloaded Roms and GAPPS. I'm running AOKP and Franco kernel. I did not delete any of the previous downloads of this rom. Do you think this has anything to do with the boot loop?
And if so, what should I do?

View attachment 51385

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did you clear the dalvik cache before flashing the new verison of AOKP?

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Yes, I have been using this Rom for awhile. For some reason I decided to delete those other downloads. I flashed the Rom successfully about 2 weeks ago. I haven't had any issues until this morning.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been running AOKP myself for awhile now and just flashed b38 about a week ago, no boot loop or even rebooting problems.

I would see if it keeps boot looping again overnight. If it does I would probably start with a fresh ROM. I know it can be a pain to do and getting your settings the way you like it all over again.

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Yea, I just walked in my room to find it rebooting again. I waited a while to see if its just rebooting or looping. Its the later, so I'm about to re flash this Rom. I was just bragging to my coworker that I have not had any problems since I rooted. I was trying to convince him to do it. He just got a nexus on Sprint.
I will be back in a few. I know it's that devil on my shoulder trying to convince me to get the S3... Not going to give in!!! I love this phone. Lol

OP
SwagTech

SwagTech

Reaction score
Just a thought... Do you think it could be the kernel? I recently flashed the latest nightly of Franco. Im going to flash the stable build and see what happens.

valid

Reaction score
Have DX. Having issues with it. SO I used RSD Lite and bootloader v 30.04 is install sbf file VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.SBF. All it does know is shows white M and the the mobo red eye. What step did I miss? Thanks. p.s. I did look around before posting this but could not locate answer.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yup after a SBF if you hang you need to wipe data. Turn the phone off. Hold the home key and then the power key until you see a screen with a triangle on it. At that screen press volume up and volume down simultaneously to enter stock recovery. Wipe data and reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

clueless77

Reaction score
Yup after a SBF if you hang you need to wipe data. Turn the phone off. Hold the home key and then the power key until you see a screen with a triangle on it. At that screen press volume up and volume down simultaneously to enter stock recovery. Wipe data and reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Is it the volume rocker on froyo or another key, its been so long since I have been in stock recovery on froyo I can't remember

valid

Reaction score
Here is what I did:

With phone off:

1) Hold down the home button, then press and hold the power button (at the same time) until you see a /!\ sign on the screen.
2) When you see the /!\ press the search button.
3) You will be in the recovery screen.
4) Hit data wipe, factory reset.

I did the sbf to see if it would fix my wifi not working problem. It did. So somewhere along the line after rooting and ROMing it broke. Now to re-root. THANKS all for the reply's. Merry Christmas!