Trouble updating to 6.12.181

Shocka311

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I want to thank you in advance for the help.

I'm trying to update to 6.12.181 and the update keeps failing. A little background on my situation, My phone was rooted and when I rooted it I didn't know much about what I was doing at all (know more now but still not a ton) and instead of freezing all the bloatware I uninstalled it. So now I want to update and I'm unable. I tried to use rootkeeper to temporarily unroot, didn't work, so I just unrooted my phone and did a factory restore which I thought would fix it, but it didn't. Even with factory settings and apps back I still can't update. I'm currently backing up my internal storage getting ready to wipe that as well because this is the only other thing I can think to do. Any suggestions or thoughts on what else could be preventing the update? I've looked around on the forum but haven't been able to find any definitive answer on how to solve the failed update. It does the same thing others have described... gets about a third of the way and then the triangle with an exclamation in the middle. Thanks for the help

Update: Wiped internal storage... still no success

gling

Reaction score
You can use the Droid Razr Utility to flash back to stock .173 which will allow you to receive the 181 OTA.
  • Download/extract the utility.
  • Plug phone into computer & make sure USB debugging is enabled (settings>Applications>Development)
  • Put phone into
    AP Fastboot Mode
  • Open the utility and run option 1.
This will wipe your internal SD so back up anything you want saved prior to flashing. After it's complete, you should be able to receive the update.
Good luck.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

OP
S

Shocka311

Reaction score
You can use the Droid Razr Utility to flash back to stock .173 which will allow you to receive the 181 OTA.
  • Download/extract the utility.
  • Plug phone into computer & make sure USB debugging is enabled (settings>Applications>Development)
  • Put phone into
    AP Fastboot Mode
  • Open the utility and run option 1.
This will wipe your internal SD so back up anything you want saved prior to flashing. After it's complete, you should be able to receive the update.
Good luck.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

Thanks for the help. I actually ended up taking my phone to a store and they're sending me a new one cause they were baffled as well. It'll be good to start from scratch anyway since I know a little more about rooting now than I did before.