5 GB of Dropbox Space FREE!!

chevihemi

Reaction score
If you don't have Dropbox account CLICK HERE to open one and get initial 2.25GB* free instead of 2GB you would normally get without referral.
*must download and install dropbox client to pc for bonus to show.
**completing 'get started' will get you another 250MB for a total of 2.5GB shortly after registering
**the maximum space you will have available after registering is 2.5GB unless you install the Desktop Client linked below and upload a picture (this gives you another 500MB)
**from this point on, every 500 MB of pictures you upload (from computer/phone) will get you another 500MB of space in your Dropbox.

Now for the rest that do:
"Hi everyone!

Even though the holidays have passed, we're really stoked to give you guys one more present -- a new experimental release! Under the wrapping you'll find a bunch of new toys, including a brand new Camera Upload feature. Here are the release notes:

• Automatically uploads photos and videos in the background using Wi-Fi or data plan
• 500MB of free space on first photo uploaded automatically
• Upload files of any size (no more 180 MB limit!)
• Support for resuming file uploads when there are network issues
• Various performance improvements & bug fixes

During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you'll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 5GB total (including the initial 500MB space).

[Update: this space is not separate from 5GB given for uploading on our desktop clients. Uploading from either desktop clients or Android app will count towards the same 5GB free space.]

Grab the APK directly from here:

http://db.tt/4ZL2gCdt

or scan this QR Code:

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&....tt%2F4ZL2gCdt

Check it out and let us know what you think!"

Those that would rather make that 5GB uploading form computer:

"Hello Forum users!

Another day another build. We're trying to snipe all the most common bugs. Keep plugging in those cameras!
During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you'll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 4.5GB total. [Update: To clarify, you can get up to 5GB of free space with this feature, if you count the initial 500MB space for the first photo import].

500MB of free space on first photo import
Cleanup UI in Windows non admin installation.
Fix infinite restart of Dropbox when database was corrupted.
Fix import error on iPhone with lots and lots of photos.
Better Handling of out of quota issues on first photo import.
Other small fixes

1.3 Features
Importing of photos from cameras, phones, and SD cards.
Batch upload/download of files.

Windows: http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/Dropbox 1.3.12.exe
Mac OS X: http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/Dropbox 1.3.12.dmg
Linux x86_64: http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/dropb...-1.3.12.tar.gz
Linux x86: http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/17/dropb...-1.3.12.tar.gz

Notes:
Clients 1.3.5 and earlier had an auto-update bug. Please install this version so that your client will stay up to date!
The photo import feature is not available on Mac 10.4 and Linux.
For Android devices, it's best to use "Connect as Disk Drive". HTC Sync will not work.
To import from iPhone, make sure to unlock your phone and enter your passcode before importing, otherwise it will claim to find no photos.
If importing from your iPhone on Mac gives an import error, try hard resetting it--hold down the power and the home button for 5 seconds. This will reboot the phone; it shouldn't change your settings or delete data.
On Windows, this feature relies on Autoplay. Please enable Autoplay to use this feature if you have disabled it.
On XP and Vista, it relies on the Windows Image Acquisition Service. If this service is not started, please start the service and reinstall Dropbox to use this feature. On WIndows Server, you may have to install the Desktop Experience feature.
On Windows 7, newer devices that rely on Device Stage (in the Control Panel) will not show Dropbox as an import option until you select "Change Program" for the default.
The Galaxy Nexus takes a lot of time to connect on OS X because it likes to pretend that every image on the device is a photograph. We now estimate how long it's going to take and show you that in the progress bar but it's usually in the order of minutes. We're working to see if this can be improved.

As usual, we strongly recommend making a backup of your Dropbox before upgrading to this build as we'll need a few weeks to be certain of its stability. We will rapidly release new builds as necessary to snipe the most common issues as they arise."

Enjoy and hury while beta testing lasts!

****ORIGINALLY SEEN ON XDA posted by: Idan73****
Figured there would be plenty of people looking to get some free upload/download space over here as well

Last edited:

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Is it kosher to post referral links? DancingNexus

I've been taking advantage of this since Friday, almost got my full extra 5GB :)

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Heck yes just downloaded the new version! Thanks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Great deal, and I also saw it on Thursday or Friday. I think I was only able to get 4.5gigs, which was originally reported.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I'm uploading pics through my laptop onto drop box but i'm not getting anymore free space...i'm almost full.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I maxed out at 4.75 but I'm not complaining :)

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
I've hear of the last 500 mb being hard to get but still, 4.5 gigs of free online storage is pretty darn good for free ;)