5 Apps For Your Rooted Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mattjames

Those who like to control what they own will likely want to root ( jailbreak ) their Android smartphone. Once it is free of the carrier's control, it will need some tools to make it more useful. Those tools are called apps. Read on to learn more about five apps for your rooted Android.

Getting your liberty on is usually a good thing if you can handle it. A smartphone is a powerful device and Android has plenty of options available for those who like to explore. One way to see all the options is to root or "jailbreak" the Android system. This allows the user to have more speed, backup data easier, keep track of files and more.

:greendroid: 5 Apps For Your Rooted Droid :greendroid:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not a bad list, just note that spare parts doesnt need root to run

OP
O

ollymil

Nice list again! Can you link me Spare Parts for download? I couldn't find it!

scf

Reaction score
Is spare parts really worth it. the comments are all that appealing. thoughts?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Ugh why do people still think task-killers are a good thing? I suppose verizon takes a large share of the blamebut you would think that anyone the least bit informed would have learned the error of their ways

Sent from my The Ultimate DROiD 2.0.0 URBaN using Tapatalk

scf

Reaction score
Agreed. have co-workers still running task killers, despite my efforts.

See...see...see it's on the innerwebthingy, it MUST be true! LOL!

Seriously though, I've shown them..to no avail. Lemmings, the lot of 'em.

FireMedic65

Reaction score
what is so wrong with task killers? just saying they are "ok" isn't the best of explinations

OP
O

ollymil

Yes, some people like to use these task killers! And some are really addicted with these kind of apps. ;)

jjq224

Reaction score
Ugh why do people still think task-killers are a good thing? I suppose verizon takes a large share of the blame

You are absolutely correct. My sister just bought the Droid X and the first thing the Verizon rep told her was to make sure she installed a task-killer. She was also told to never install Lookout - something about it ruining the phone - which I found surprising since that app is shown in a bunch of Verizon's advertising.

I told her not to listen to the rep and that there is absolutely no need for a task-killer. The problem is that people like her are apt to believe those reps and are not "tech-savoy" enough to frequent these types of boards. Oh well, hopefully we can spread the word.

Lovin' my rooted R2-D2 Droid!

R2D2-01-june.gif

Sent from my personal R2-D2 Droid using DroidForums App

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
some babies are really addicted to a security blanket or a 'binky' too.

My uncle and my best friend have droids and they both have ATK on it. lol I don't even bother debating it with them, they are both adults, let them figure it out or if they ask me, I'll tell them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
some babies are really addicted to a security blanket or a 'binky' too.

My uncle and my best friend have droids and they both have ATK on it. lol I don't even bother debating it with them, they are both adults, let them figure it out or if they ask me, I'll tell them.

I admire you sir. I could never do that.

FireMedic65

Reaction score
First thing the verzion people put on my phone was ATK and when I asked why, they said it was so background processes will stop running and save battery life. Like a dope, I listened. After reading more about it on here, I will stop using it. I will probably keep it on though just incase I have to close a faulty app.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
You don't need a task killer for even that....you can kill an app through menu> applications....NATIVELY! For anyone reading, listen to people when they say UNINSTALL THE TASK KILLERS! They do more harm than good

First thing the verzion people put on my phone was ATK and when I asked why, they said it was so background processes will stop running and save battery life. Like a dope, I listened. After reading more about it on here, I will stop using it. I will probably keep it on though just incase I have to close a faulty app.

Sent from my DROIDX

Status
Not open for further replies.