5 Apps For Your Rooted Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
You don't need a task killer for even that....you can kill an app through menu> applications....NATIVELY! For anyone reading, listen to people when they say UNINSTALL THE TASK KILLERS! They do more harm than good

First thing the verzion people put on my phone was ATK and when I asked why, they said it was so background processes will stop running and save battery life. Like a dope, I listened. After reading more about it on here, I will stop using it. I will probably keep it on though just incase I have to close a faulty app.

Sent from my DROIDX

It may be native, but its a tad time consuming to go to settings > applications, then wait for your app list to reload, then scroll through it to find the one you want.

I usually find it easy to open up ATK, (I do leave ATK in the list to get killed as well), and just hit kill. Its easier to do, and no, I do NOT have ATK set to auto-kill apps.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
BTW, Autokiller isn't just a task killer.

The developer for Autokiller named his app wrong, so that all you ZOMG KILL TASK KILLERZ people get all worked up about it.

Autokiller is just like Minfree. it gives you settings for tweaking Android's internal memory settings, so it adjusts how ANDROID ITSELF kills apps to free up memory.

I use it myself to keep a bit more RAM free so my phone is a tad snappier overall when going back to the home screen.

_33

Reaction score
Long Press Home Screen > Shortcuts > Settings > Running Services

Shortcut to kill those crazy apps. Task Killers are a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.