5.1 update review, added info 7/7

wardo

Reaction score
I updated yesterday afternoon, so far so good. Only negative thing is my saved keyboard words and the predicted words are all new. I did not have any Bluetooth issue like others have mentioned. Love the new drop down setting especially the screen brightness option. Haven't used the phone enough to comment on battery, everything else is functioning smooth as before if not better. Very fast and clean transitions between apps.

I would vote to go-ahead and download it.

Before the update my Bluetooth always had a delayed connection with my car and I would have to manually toggle the on/off button to make it work. 3 other phones never had this issue. After update it still has the same issues. Pretty disappointed with that.

Phone call quality. 12 years with Verizon and I probably dropped 2 calls. Since the turbo (3rd device) I drop a call or more per day and the sound quality is always fuzzy for me and the other person. This has not changed for the better with the update.

Maybe I will cancel all Bluetooth connections then reconnect. What do you guys think?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I'm loving it as well. I've had it for a few days now, and I think the battery is improved.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agreed, zero problems on mine.
I didn't like how Chrome tabs showed up as separate apps in RECENT but that's fixable from Chrome.
Really like CHOP TO FLASH. Used that a few times already.
Like the new BT and WiFi icons, as well.
WiFI seems a tad better, too.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
How can the chrome be changed back the previous setting? And what is chop to flash?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
uploadfromtaptalk1436211239002.png

Go to settings in Chrome. Merge tabs and apps.

TapaTurbo

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
How can the chrome be changed back the previous setting? And what is chop to flash?

Open Chrome settings and click on "Merge tabs and apps" and set it to OFF.

Not sure what chop to flash is and would like to know as well.

EDIT: PereDroid beat me to it. :p

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Lollipop includes a new flashlight option as part of Quick settings (swipe down with two fingers from the status bar to see it). Moto Actions let you turn the flashlight on or off with two chopping motions - without waking or unlocking your phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Lollipop includes a new flashlight option as part of Quick settings (swipe down with two fingers from the status bar to see it). Moto Actions let you turn the flashlight on or off with two chopping motions - without waking or unlocking your phone.
Is the Moto Actions Chop to flash a Lollipop feature? I don't see it in KitKat.

JDH

Reaction score
I have had no negative issues, changed the tab thingy in chrome and changed the keyboard back to dark. BT was flawless without me doing anything. So far battery seems to last longer and I'm not using battery saver, no need. Always have kept brightness on auto.
My life in general has not changed since the update, maybe next time.