S5 Marshmallow update & Drive Mode

FoFa

Reaction score
As soon as I got Verizon's update, by Honda (2013) and my phone don't get along nicely.
It connects , stays connected for a few minutes, then disconnects. Reconnects, loop forever.
If by chance I do get phone call while it is connected, the sound breaks up we can't hardly understand each other, then it will usually disconnect again. The call is still going on my phone, with great quality, but not via bluetooth.
It was working fine until the upgrade.

Anything I can do to fix it? As far as I can tell the settings for hands free, bluetooth etc. seem OK.

OP
FoFa

FoFa

Reaction score
OK, it's not drive mode, it's bluetooth connectivity. I got Drive Mode turned off, but my phone still connected to my Honda, and disconnected, and reconnected, and disconnected and, well, you get the picture.
Waze wouldn't talk to me, it was tough driving downtown, looking at my phone for instructions.
It would make the recalculating noise through the speaker, but it would not talk.
I wish I could go back to Android 5.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Damn, that stinks. First thing I would try is a reboot. Then try clearing cache. Next try Safe Mode, and if the problem persists after each of those troubleshooting steps, it may be time for a Factory Data Restore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I would also try deleting and recreating your bluetooth pairings before resorting to an FDR.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I would also try deleting and recreating your bluetooth pairings before resorting to an FDR.
Good suggestion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk