Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Lollipop includes a new flashlight option as part of Quick settings (swipe down with two fingers from the status bar to see it). Moto Actions let you turn the flashlight on or off with two chopping motions - without waking or unlocking your phone.
I can see a bunch of folks with cracked screen's after turning on this feature and having it fly out of peoples hands as they attempt to chop.

S5 tap'n

TatDroid

Reaction score
All is going well with me so far. No issues. I'm not wild about the new stock battery statistics, though. I hate that they've replaced total time on battery with estimated battery time left. Where do I find up time now?

Sent from my Droid Turbo

iiWoodstocK

Reaction score
All is going well with me so far. No issues. I'm not wild about the new stock battery statistics, though. I hate that they've replaced total time on battery with estimated battery time left. Where do I find up time now?

Sent from my Droid Turbo
Cell standby might show the total time on. I'm not sure if it gets skewed when mobile data is turned off, though. Otherwise GSam shows the total time on.

JDH

Reaction score
I miss that feature as well, command center widget gives remaining %.
As for the chop for light, it works about 1/2 the time for me. Chop on chop off, looks kinda goofy. Hey, did they outlaw the chop at Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians games. One could be socially ostracized for trying to find your way out of a night game.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Battery percent enabler from the play store works perfect for the old school battery (decreasing percentage) see screen shot.
c92422cd937c98a2a78b87d5a6b2f7ba.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I miss that feature as well, command center widget gives remaining %.
As for the chop for light, it works about 1/2 the time for me. Chop on chop off, looks kinda goofy. Hey, did they outlaw the chop at Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians games. One could be socially ostracized for trying to find your way out of a night game.
We never did the tomahawk at Indians games! :D

TapaTurbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Easy there, pal.
You mean the Indians that were one game from the Playoffs last year AND were picked to win it all this year? That Indians team? We may not have won a World Series, but few towns support their baseball team like we do. Did anyone else even come close to 455 straight sold out games?
We didn't do the tomahawk chop because: LAME.

:D
O wait... here's a better smiley:

Chief-Wahoo.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Well, now you won't look silly doing it....you can just tell people you're trying to turn on your flashlight. Bwahahaha!

S5 tap'n

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Only thing I'm torn on is the clear notification bar. I have a lot of stuff on a few of my screens as well as several notification apps running at once so it just looks kind of muddled. Not end of the world, but I did prefer the actual boxed in look. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough though.

Other than that so far things seem great. I think the Turbo is my favorite phone I've ever had because of the gestures. I don't think I can ever push to unlock again. Not to mention the battery life...

Edit: One little benefit that those reading this thread w/o LP might relate to is with Google Music and bluetooth. It would almost never sync automatically, and when I hit play in my car, it would start the music I keep on my phone through Poweramp instead of what I was streaming on GMusic. Finally it'll jump straight to GMusic, if that was the last one being used. Very thankful for that!

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I was originally torn on the notification system because I've seen so many complaints. I really like it.
I especially like when I'm playing a game and the phone rings. Instead of taking over the screen, you just get a notice at the top in game.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I do really like that too actually, non invasive but you still get the heads up. It's really just the clearness of the pull down menu I'm not big on, but other than that I think they did a great job revamping the notification system.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I'm guessing that you weren't one of the angry Turbo users demanding the update?

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I'm guessing that you weren't one of the angry Turbo users demanding the update?

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk
You got that right! I remember not having "Ice Cream Sandwich" long enough on my RAZR Maxx to get familiar with it before hopping to "Jellybean". I kept saying no to ICS and then one morning, half asleep, I hit accept. :p