4gb

William_04_x

Reaction score
In a general sense, its a decent amount of data for an average user.

Of course it all depends on what you use your device for. Constant streaming of media(movies/music) will wipe it out before the month is up.

Until you see what your normal personal usage patterns are, you'll have to think about how you are using your device.

If Verizon is your carrier, you can DL an app(My Verizon) that will give you a general idea of where you're at in regards to data usage, and your limit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
It's almost impossible to give you an answer that is generally simple lol. Some of the carriers try to break it down into "x amount of movies" or "this many songs", but really a movie can be from a few hundred mb to a few gigs :-(. If you're concerned about going over, the best way to handle it would be to monitor your daily usage and do the math :)

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
It is kind of hard to define how much/little 4 gigs is. Approx 1000 songs or about 5 hours of video hard to calculate web page loads due to content also can't calculate what apps you may have. This meter should help out. I put it on my step sons phone but I have no personal usage experience with it. Seems good. Also what I told him is WiFi is your friend. you will notice more and more where WiFi is available than you did before.

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Thank you, all.

I am not sure how much I tend to use as this is my first smartphone. I really don't plan to download movies. Maybe an occasion view on ESPN or YouTube. SiriusXM radio.

What really chews up data?

I have signed up for the Verizon 50/75/100% alerts. Another app. suggestion for GB usage?

I guess just nervous going over data and get a nasty bill.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Streaming music and videos really chews up data.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

zencyl

Reaction score
Dont forget that using wifi does not count against your data usage.

Sent using my 386 using tapatalk 2

GSdub510

Reaction score
CMDRSTP said:
I will use WiFi as much as I can. Is WiFi just as quick?

It depends on your wifi, I have Xfinity and it is. Also, stay away from Netflix if you only have 4 GB. One movie I watched over 4G was 5.5 gb...

GSdub510

Reaction score
4GB is plenty however for internet, email, downloading not so large apps, and youtube. But as said before, streaming long videos and music isn't the greatest idea.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
this may help you also to get some idea of your data use

Data Calculator

Nice little tool. Thanks for the great find!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.