4G Hotspot doesnt work

spartan948265

Reaction score
I recently rooted my RAZR XT912 using the method on this website and I used a SQL editor to change the hotspot ability so I could use it. Before I tried using the Editor I tried using the Barnacle and Dragon hotspots but they didn't work at all. The Barnacle error was: DHCP: Failed to parse '2001:4888:0003:fffe:00c0:0000:0003' for brncl_dhcp_dns2
NAT: restart: Network is down. (The network is NOT down)
NAT: Could not set MTU of rmnet1: Invalid argument

Any other hotspot "app" doesn't work at all. So I tried the default hotspot app that comes shipped with the phone and it kind of works. Kind of meaning i can only access the Verizon webpage but nothing else, the app also crashes constantly.

Thoughts???
As of right now Iam using PDANet but I want to be able to create a hotspot to share.

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
Have you tried Android Wifi Tether?

I don''t own a Razr but it works on my Nexus.
I will try that now thanks! Also will my carrier (Verizon Wireless) be able to tell that I am using my hotspot?

EDIT: It worked for 20 seconds but then it just dropped the connection from between the laptop and the device. What is stopping the data connection after the screen turns off on the phone? I have to wake up the phone and open a browser or an app to refresh the damn data connection. This is so frustrating as I have never had an issue like this and I know for a fact that other razr owners are having this problem. Also I don't have any smart actions set up and my battery manager has been uninstalled as I thought that the manager was turning off my data to save battery. Thanks for your assistance Wicked but I guess I am stuck with a wired tether.

OP
S

spartan948265

Reaction score
Got that app to work. Disregard the above post. THANKS FOR HELP :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD