Wifi Hotspot wont work after successful root...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global Development' started by Rufus65, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Rufus65

Rufus65 New Member

I just successfully rooted my D2G on GB and I downloaded both Wifi Tether from Google and Barnacle Wifi Hotspot to try and get my hotspot to work. I setup my SSID and passwords and all that junk, and my computer cant connect to the hotspot. In Wifi Tether I cant even see the hotspot on my computer even if i manually type in the user and password on my computer. But for Barnacle, I start up the hotspot and it tells me that the DHCP is already running in another program; the built-in 3G Mobile hotspot, which starts running right when I started up the Barnacle Hotspot. my computer can see the hotspot and connect to it, but I just get the Yellow caution triangle saying im connected, but barnacle doesn't add my computer to the client list so I cant grant my connected computer NAT access to use my hotspot...What's the deal?

I tried searching around these forums along with a little google and youtube searching for this RadioComm app that wont run on my computer and therefore not work. I followed THIS GUIDE and I got this error message when I ran RadioComm:

"Error in getting the pointer to CommP2k and/or CommQC. Error number: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown."

I have tried running RadioComm on every compatability mode on my computer (yes, even windows 98/95...I know... -_-) and its the same error message

Is there any other way i can get a free mobile hotspot with my D2G Rooted GB?
  2. ElectroGeek

ElectroGeek New Member

Open garden - free in the market. Works like a charm on cm7gb

sent from

Droid 2 Global running CM7GB
  3. iPood

iPood New Member

it's bc of gingerbread..

i had to go back to froyo for wifi tether to work for me..

you can easy tether and pdanet i guess.
  4. Grog

Grog New Member

You have to hack the radio with radiocomm. The gingerbread update has a radio tweak to stop free hotspots. Do some searching there are posts with a link to the radiocomm program and instructions. An sbf will undo your changes if you screw it up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

barnacle wifi wont work

connection problem with branacle wifi hotspot
hotspot access radiocom
hotspot doesn't work after s3 is rooted
hotspot not connect after root
other androids can't see my wifi hotspot with barnacle
rooted hotspot wont connect
unable to connect to nat root barnacle
verizon 3g mobile hotspot not working dhcp
why hospot is not working after root