Wifi Hotspot wont work after successful root...

Rufus65

Reaction score
I just successfully rooted my D2G on GB and I downloaded both Wifi Tether from Google and Barnacle Wifi Hotspot to try and get my hotspot to work. I setup my SSID and passwords and all that junk, and my computer cant connect to the hotspot. In Wifi Tether I cant even see the hotspot on my computer even if i manually type in the user and password on my computer. But for Barnacle, I start up the hotspot and it tells me that the DHCP is already running in another program; the built-in 3G Mobile hotspot, which starts running right when I started up the Barnacle Hotspot. my computer can see the hotspot and connect to it, but I just get the Yellow caution triangle saying im connected, but barnacle doesn't add my computer to the client list so I cant grant my connected computer NAT access to use my hotspot...What's the deal?

I tried searching around these forums along with a little google and youtube searching for this RadioComm app that wont run on my computer and therefore not work. I followed THIS GUIDE and I got this error message when I ran RadioComm:

"Error in getting the pointer to CommP2k and/or CommQC. Error number: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown."

I have tried running RadioComm on every compatability mode on my computer (yes, even windows 98/95...I know... -_-) and its the same error message

Is there any other way i can get a free mobile hotspot with my D2G Rooted GB?

ElectroGeek

Reaction score
Open garden - free in the market. Works like a charm on cm7gb

sent from

Droid 2 Global running CM7GB

iPood

Reaction score
it's bc of gingerbread..

i had to go back to froyo for wifi tether to work for me..

you can easy tether and pdanet i guess.

Grog

Reaction score
You have to hack the radio with radiocomm. The gingerbread update has a radio tweak to stop free hotspots. Do some searching there are posts with a link to the radiocomm program and instructions. An sbf will undo your changes if you screw it up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums