4G + Duel core?

Jordan8

Reaction score
They're lots of rumors saying they'll be quite a few duel core phones being released 2011.

Well my question is, what do you guys think will be possible with the enhanced speeds, that isn't already?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kenbiz

Reaction score
I hear Verizon saying there 4g will be 10 times faster then springs 4g.. that seems a little much but we will see

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well i think next year will see some of the best phones ever, here is some of the stuff nvidia will be launching, NVIDIA Tegra APX Applications Processors i know next year will be the best the cellphone industry has seen im already saving up money so i can get the next big thing until then i will love my DX lol

heres another link you might be interested on, http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-2.html

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
Its gonna be hard to hold off on wanting to buy a new phone. Just got in a 2yr contract with the purchase of my DX about a month ago. At least when my contract does expire Verizon will have pretty good 4G coverage.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
They'll let you upgrade sooner to get money off you for 4g and such...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
They'll let you upgrade sooner to get money off you for 4g and such...

How exactly does that work? I'm new to both the whole smartphone thing along with Verizon. Came from at&t.. does verizon just add to you existing contract... charge you so much, or?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
After 1 year they will give you an upgrade for close to the new contract price...they also offer special upgrades through out the year sometimes for existing customers. Tmobile, company I came off, did the same thing. It just restarts your contract earlier than the 2 year mark and they get another year at least off you. But, it only goes through vzw direct. You won't get the same treatment from 3rd parties.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
i feel some of you guys as well i also just upgraded to a 2 year contract and added a D2 for my girlfriend, about upgrading early i dont think they will do it unless you have a very good rep that will work with you, cause i ran into this issue and i wanted to do an early upgrade and they would not let me cause i was not a 2 years yet. though i know when i was with at&t if i wanted to upgrade even though i was not due they let me all they do was extended my 2 year contract...so dont know how vzw will do this

gunz.jones

Reaction score
I just watch the counter on the screen online. The closer you get to the 20 month mark, the higher your discount gets. I see that mine is a little different from some due to my employer discounts though...