1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4g and 3g reception

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by fic1, Aug 1, 2012.

1. fic1

fic1 New Member

I notice since the update my 4g and my 3g reception is weaker than before ics. I have the max with ics my son has the regular razr without the update we could be next to each other and he will have better signal than me, I have checked this in multiple places. Thanks
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

Actually fic4, your reception may not actually be worse. It is the way ICS has changed how the meter reports reception. ICS gave a greater range on the meter. What used to show up as 4 or 5 bars only show as, maybe 2 or 3 bars (sorry, I am not sure what the exact bar to reception ratio is, just that it is different). To know what kind of reception your 3g/4g is really getting, go to settings---> under data usage, go to "more..." ---> Mobile networks ---> Network type & strength. The lower the number, the stronger the signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  3. CaptainSS

CaptainSS New Member

I have been in contact with VZW about this very issue and they were surprisingly quick to offer a replacement phone (even a different make/model) I have a Maxx.
    My reception before ICS averaged 75db. After ICS I average 95db and much of the time am in the 105-109 range. Bars were never my gauge, the reception has gone down and the Tech at VZW said it is a "known issue".
    Perhaps an update will come soon that will address it but as the Tech said, "No telling IF or When"
Search tags for this page

4g reception in poconos

bad 3g signal razr maxx

droid maxx vs galaxy s4 data reception 4g 3g

get better 4g reception droid

how to get better reception on droid razor max

how to get better reception on sprint droid

how to update droid razr reception

improve 4g reception on a droid razr in the mouintains?

is a razor max 3g or 4g

motorola razr m poor reception

razr m has very poor 4g reception