3G problems on liberty 1.5

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Try a clean install of liberty doing exactly what the instructions say. I wouls suggest backing up with titanium and only doing key apps jist to rule out all possibilities. Are there any other things you are using that are out of the ordinary?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Make sure to only restore user apps also.....

As for another, I loved rubix. I've heard good things about darkslide but haven't personally used it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
I used juice defender awhile back but unistalled it I also have the advanced task killer....

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I used juice defender awhile back but unistalled it I also have the advanced task killer....

There's your problem.... uninstall atk immediately. As for JD, I live by it. It helps alot (not so much on nonblur roms but it still helps some).

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
What's the problem with using atk? I've heard ppl say yes use it and don't use it...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What's the problem with using atk? I've heard ppl say yes use it and don't use it...

Do a search on these forums for a thread titled" googles answer to task killers" (think that's the name, its close anyways). Provides alot better explanation than I can provide. I can give you the short version if I need to though.

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
I couldn't find it...

tt8698

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 3g, however, what happens is that i will loose data entirely, and i will not be able to send and receive text messages or calls. I've tried switching to airplane mode or rebooting, sometimes this works other times it gets hung up for and hour or two. I do not have juice defender or any talk killers installed.

My phone also reboots on its own from time to time. Sometimes multiple times a day.

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting... guess I will uninstall it lol

droydhead

Reaction score
I've had the same issue since the phone has been released. I've tried multiple X's with the same result. I have full 3g and it would drop to 1x out of nowhere.. This is a known issue and if you google it you'll find tons of posts. BUT I feel like its gotten a little better since I got the phone, it doesnt do it nearly as much as it used to(could be in my head). I think verizon needs to update the radio. Maybe its some kind of interference, IDK. But my wife's LG Ally never has that issue.

Changing the rom wont help.. I've tried stock, rubix, fission, apex, darkslide, liberty, etc and all of them have the same issue. I never use task killers or any battery saver apps.

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
Thanks man that helps alot I was thinking it might be the rom but I wasn't sure...

Snow02

Reaction score
I know this sounds weird, but sending myself a text seems to snap the phone back to 3G. I still don't know why, but I've tried it several times and it seems to work. Illogical, I know. But try it.

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
Hmmm ill try that cause the *228 didn't work for me either...