My 3G is gone with liberty 1.5???

droidinmind

Reaction score
Installed liberty 1.5 two times now. The next morning my 3G is lost? I cannot figure this out, wifi works, infact all is fine except 3G. Any ideas???

kdkinc

Reaction score
Installed liberty 1.5 two times now. The next morning my 3G is lost? I cannot figure this out, wifi works, infact all is fine except 3G. Any ideas???

possible solutions:
check airplane mode.
reinstall Liberty right over existing Liberty NO wipes.

Did you wipe cache on initial install ?
Did you install your programs using a TBU backup?

a few ideas to check out

OP
D

droidinmind

Reaction score

possible solutions:
check airplane mode.
reinstall Liberty right over existing Liberty NO wipes.

Did you wipe cache on initial install ?
Did you install your programs using a TBU backup?

a few ideas to check out
Thanks for the quick reply, airplane mode is not checked. I wiped data and cache twice on both installs. I have not used TBU yet, Liberty reinstalled my market apps! I just tried the reinstall with no wipe and still no 3G! This is killing me!!

OP
D

droidinmind

Reaction score
I reboot the phone and 3G will pop up for 2 sec. then goes away???

kdkinc

Reaction score
I reboot the phone and 3G will pop up for 2 sec. then goes away???

Ok sounds good (kind of)
My next solution would be to do a Maderstcok SBF and start over.
Have z4root on your sdcard.

sometimes ya just gotta clean house you will be up and running less than an hour.
PS if you do the Maderstcok SBF don't bother letting Google load you apps and REBOOT B4 you do ANYTHING..

Then reroot ,dxrecovery ,install Liberty, let Google install programs,

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Did you by chance dial *228 and choose option 1? 3g was gone when I intsalled liberty 1.5 and that took care of the issue for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nakhleh926

Reaction score
mine isn't gone permanently like yours seems to be but it keeps locking to where I have to airplane mode to fix it constantly, I love the rom but it isn't worth the hassle for me, hope they fix this stuff soon.

kdkinc

Reaction score
mine isn't gone permanently like yours seems to be but it keeps locking to where I have to airplane mode to fix it constantly, I love the rom but it isn't worth the hassle for me, hope they fix this stuff soon.

Your the first issue of read about this so maybe you might reconsider my SBF idea.
The crap you have on your phone may carry forward to the next Rom.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Everyone is so quick to sbf... not knocking ya but there are other solutions to try.

Did you make a backup before flashing liberty? If you did, flash your backup, delete your existing liberty folder and your download of liberty. Redownload the ROM (it sounds like you have a corrupt file) and reinstall following the directions to the t.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Everyone is so quick to sbf... not knocking ya but there are other solutions to try.

Did you make a backup before flashing liberty? If you did, flash your backup, delete your existing liberty folder and your download of liberty. Redownload the ROM (it sounds like you have a corrupt file) and reinstall following the directions to the t.

As an example if you had started the SBF Maderstcok version you would be almst done now :)

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/15666-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

OP
D

droidinmind

Reaction score

I did not sbf!!! I went with TBU! seems to be working now but like I said the next morning It was gone, I'll post if I loose it again!

kdkinc

Reaction score

I did not sbf!!! I went with TBU! seems to be working now but like I said the next morning It was gone, I'll post if I loose it again!

best to ya hope all goes well:)

Last edited:
OP
D

droidinmind

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help!! You guys are great. Liberty 1.5 rocks!!!

gb714us

Reaction score
Stupid question.... But is your wifi enabled?

OP
D

droidinmind

Reaction score
Stupid question.... But is your wifi enabled?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App[/QUOTE

Seems the problem was with switchpro widget.... I would set it and 3g was gone??? Uninstalled and reboot all is fine! This Rom is awesome !