3G Only on Rezound

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by PatG, Jan 9, 2012.

1. PatG

PatG Member

I have read a lot of posts concerning the recent data outages on Verizon. I am in the market for an upgrade and am considering the Rezound. However, I really don't want to get a phone that is without data coverage when I need it. I assume that 4G can be turned off on the phone? If so, how stable is the 3G only connection. Do you guys that own it lose 3G connectivity frequently or not at all? It seems like every phone is different in that area. 4g is spotty in my area; I have it at work but not at my house (per Verizon website).

I am sure this has been discussed quite a bit; but it does seem confusing.
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I dont live anywhere near a 4g area, and my 3g is solid. The only places I have trouble, are the same places where I had trouble with my D2, namely in the mountainous pass I drive to work. When I do go into a 4g area, as long as the network is stable (VZW's been having problems lately) I stay locked into 4g.

4G can be turned off in the settings.
  3. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I've found my 4g to be better than my 3g as far as holding a signal. evdo/cdma I average about -97 whereas lte is averaging about -90 in my low reception neck of the woods. When I get into better reception areas they are both rock solid.
    An app called lte switch can be used to force the phone off if lte in times of Verizon lte outage.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk
Search tags for this page
3g only htc rezound
4g lte htc rezound only saying 3g
how to change from 3g to 4g on htc rezound
how to change your 4g to 3g on rezound
how to flash a htc rezound for 3g
htc deluxe only connects at 3g
htc rezound at t 3g

htc rezound gsm 3g