Could you use a Rezound with no 4G?

cp24eva

Reaction score
I was thinking back to the times when I was in Japan and had a very crazy late night of club hoping and when my cell phone was off the charger from 10 pm to 7 am (CRAZY NIGHTS!) and I still have a charge on my flip phone. I don't have those same crazy nights being that I am older and have a steady girlfriend of 4 years now. Withouth 4G the rezound may stand to have some great battery life correct me if I am wrong. I came over to Verizon not caring about 4G until I got a droid charge (lasted me only a week before i returned it) But I was instantly addicted to the 4G speeds. I wonder to myself sometimes if I would even consider using the rezound if it was only a 3G phone? It still is a great phone, but download apps in a blink and surfing pages in a flash seems to be something that is a serious must have for me now that I have tasted the faster side of things now. And youtube in High Quality in a jiffy is great too.

Could you do it? Wouldn't this probably make the rezound more like a droid incredible 3?

On a similar note, is it me or is the 3G on this phone really crappy to the point where I wouldn't even dare go and switch between 3G and 4G? I did a few speed tests in my area and on most 3G connections I can't get over 600 kbps. But in the same area I'm getting 27 mbps.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea where I live there is know 4g yet. I love mine but I did come from the DX so its a big performance upgrade all 3g or 4g a side. I'll grab speed test and see if I'm getting better numbers then you are.

hatchin

Reaction score
I am getting up to 2mb dl on 3g which is faster than the Droid X I came from so I can deal with 3G as my phone on 3G with the screen on low brightness lasts me up to 4 days. 4G is nice (I am getting up to 25mb dl) but I only use it when downloading apps.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Sure why not? 3G is fast enough, and with the smart use of WiFi, sync at home for example.
Lately I've been thinking keeping my 3G phone and upgrade when 4G and ICS is old hat.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Sure why not? 3G is fast enough, and with the smart use of WiFi, sync at home for example.
Lately I've been thinking keeping my 3G phone and upgrade when 4G and ICS is old hat.

Yeah, i was thinking about only using 4G when it's important, but then i tend to go and do youtube and break.com and downloading apps. it would be GREAT if there was a prompt that says "would you like to switch to 4G for the utilization of this application momentarily?" I think thats a great idea where it would only use 4G in those needed instances. there needs to be a smart function of some sort that only uses it while updating or downloading big files or streaming. I know there are programs that let you switch from 4g to 3g, but for me to switch often it would seem i have to go in to deep. I'd just like a light switch widget. is there anything of the sort?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If I never had 4G I wouldn't even care. Now that I have it I get slightly pissy when I run afoul 3G. 3G/1X can take a piss in the wind. I want my 4G!!

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I do it all the time.. I live JUST outside of solid 4G at home... and I scream hip hooray every time the wind blows the right way and suddenly I'm surfing at over 20mbps lol. I typically save any major downloads for when I'm at work in 4G or night when my phone is just idle anyways and i could give a crap whether it takes 10 seconds or 10 minutes to download a file. I don't have the 3G speed issues you're having either though.. on a bad day I get upwards of 1.5MBPS 3G *shrug*. that said on a good day in 4G LTE (and I have the speed test to prove it) 45MBPS down and 15 up X_X.. my best on 3g was 2.6 down and 1.5 up...

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Well I just got some better reception than normal. 1.2mbps just now. So it all depends then.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm going to try and use 3g all day and see how I fair out with it in my area. Never went all day on 3g since Ive had a 4g phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
good luck.. it won't happen. I've tried that several times and could never go through an entire day without 4G LTE lol.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Well, I've been using it for 2 hours so far! (twitching, holding back the urge to flick the 4G switch)

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
bahahaha! Kudos... I've not made it that far before. which is weird cause like I said, I use 3G at home all the time. Maybe it's just knowing I don't have that option when I get back home that kills me :p

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
good luck.. it won't happen. I've tried that several times and could never go through an entire day without 4G LTE lol.

Yeah, you're right. I'm playing with my 3G so it's easy to say that 3G is fine. The first time I download an app at 4g speeds I'll never go back!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

N4UPD

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the next 4G roll out from Verizon.New year and new list.Hopefully it will be a list of interstates instead of cities.Here's hoping.:D