3g hotspot hack

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
So, I installed the 3g hack from the addons directory. How do I know if it is working properly and I'm not being charged for it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I installed the 3g hack from the addons directory. How do I know if it is working properly and I'm not being charged for it?

If I'm not mistaken you have to add the service through Verizon in order for them to charge you for the 3G hotspot.

This allows you to get it without doing so. Like wireless tether.

OP
U

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Thank you. Looks like I'm good then.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Does this hack work as you install other roms? Or once you install another rom...it reverts back? Because I just wanted to try rubix and I didn't want to turn mobile hotspot on incase the hack didn't come with me...

Thank you. Looks like I'm good then.

No problem, you should be set :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Two things. One, download the TBH hotspot hack from MyDroidWorld. Two, the latest version of the Google Code (and probably Barnacle, but I have so many problems with that I can't recommend it to anyone; and I just tested it again tonight) WiFi Tethering App (linked to in my sig) can now do Infrastructure mode for the X.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Two things. One, download the TBH hotspot hack from MyDroidWorld. Two, the latest version of the Google Code (and probably Barnacle, but I have so many problems with that I can't recommend it to anyone; and I just tested it again tonight) WiFi Tethering App (linked to in my sig) can now do Infrastructure mode for the X.

Thank you FBM :)

Which version is recommended, most recent?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The TBH hack will only need updating if Motorola changes the way the software interacts with the hardware on a fundamental level or something unforeseen happens. The versions of the tethering apps on the market and at the code repo are all current. I prefer to get mine from the code repo as release candidates are published fairly often and the market apps are only updated when a stable version is released.

chessnut

Reaction score
Just install patch and you good to go.

PinkBillows

Reaction score
TBH hotspot still available?

Hi I'm thinking about getting the X2 and want to make sure it has all the functionality of my Incredible 1, with a free 3G hotspot hack being one of the major ones. I tried searching for this TBH hotspot referenced in this thread but couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a link to download?

Thanks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm thinking about getting the X2 and want to make sure it has all the functionality of my Incredible 1, with a free 3G hotspot hack being one of the major ones. I tried searching for this TBH hotspot referenced in this thread but couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a link to download?

Thanks!

The TBH patch wont work with the X2. I confirmed this with another member

Boot Manager