Wireless tether

jacobfruh

Reaction score
Is there any gb roms that allow u to use the free wireless tether without starting 3g hotspot?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DJxPanda

Reaction score
No. You can witg froyo... but seriously.. people need to stop posting about wireless tethering. Its becoming a problem.. this is why vzw is getting all worked up. Because people steal their services. Dont get me wrong, i think the additional charge is stupid.. but if us as a community EVER want vzw to help us out in terms of boot loadee keys or anything, this free tethering nonsense needs to stop.

OP
J

jacobfruh

Reaction score
What part of "unlimited data" doesn't Verizon understand?!

OP
J

jacobfruh

Reaction score
Hmm..... I'm sure vzw would NEVER hire someone to say something like that on this forum.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Hmm..... I'm sure vzw would NEVER hire someone to say something like that on this forum.

wow someones a little full of themselves. huh? dude we all are apart of this community. I've been an avid dev / hacker from back in the ipod touch days and i honestly would LOVE to have free tethering. but the matter of the fact is, that its a give and take thing, and the things that we're taking are FAR less significant in terms of importance to the community than what vzw can GIVE to the community especially if its going to create problems btwn the two parties.which it has been. if you've been even reading anything about this topic you'll know what i'm saying.

K

kbatrph

wow someones a little full of themselves. huh? dude we all are apart of this community. I've been an avid dev / hacker from back in the ipod touch days and i honestly would LOVE to have free tethering. but the matter of the fact is, that its a give and take thing, and the things that we're taking are FAR less significant in terms of importance to the community than what vzw can GIVE to the community especially if its going to create problems btwn the two parties.which it has been. if you've been even reading anything about this topic you'll know what i'm saying.
not to mention VZW does still offer "unlimited data" for a set price, where the big A offers data in "per 2 or 5 GB packages" for their iPhone

B

Bruce A Frazier

Why dont U all stop being silly. GOOGLE first chance U get PdaNet what U got now?

michaeldeanmcclammy

Reaction score
i usually have to stay out of things but this one time im going to put my two cents in. one. i just love the way that mr. super moderator says "no sbf links are to be posted on the tdf" wow. thats good to know. i mean this forums is about learning and teaching. i think. isnt a sbf file a major key if someone bricks a phone? so much for letting noobs learn the basics. im just sayin. and one other thing. ireally really love paying extra for a service that i already pay for.

GeLopez

Reaction score
Since the op didn't ask my opinion in the legality of the TOS and wireless tether I'm just going to stick to the op question.

Look for roms 2.3 and up, I'm sure there is some.