Solved 3 S5's in 3 days

ryanD

Reaction score
On Friday my S5 was acting really weird, freezing, overheating, etc. I decided to do a factory reset and this help a little but then I couldn't update or download from the GP Market. Verizon sent me a new S5. Same problems. The phone also would not update to 5.0. It'd just freeze and nothing would happen. Verizon sent me a third S5. SAME PROBLEMS. Anybody have any insight or a solution?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only thing that would make any logical sense would be an app. Do you have any added battery monitors installed, like GSam.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You can flash 5.0 yourself using Odin on a PC. Everything you need is here: SOFTWARE GUIDE Odin Back To Stock Roo Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5 XDA Forums

At the bottom of the first post is the OA8 .tar file (there are several OA8 files listed, you want the first one) that will update you to a factory 5.0. As always, make a backup using Samsung Kies software on your PC before using Odin.

OP
R

ryanD

Reaction score
The only thing that would make any logical sense would be an app. Do you have any added battery monitors installed, like GSam.

Nope. No games either. Most are social media, news (HuffPost), and sports apps. The main problem is freezing. Was in the middle of a phone call with Verizon and the screen froze. Happens after 20 or so minutes of having the phone on (all of them). Every 1 out of 10 apps I try to download from the GP Store will download. Did hard resets on all of them, changed nothing. They all get very, very warm to touch too. The original phone was 10 months old when it went. I would not consider myself a heavy user. Texting and normal social media usage and that's really it.

OP
R

ryanD

Reaction score
I also have a Galaxy Tab S 10'' with ZERO problems whatsoever with updating/downloading apps from the GP Store.
Texts would also take 2-3 minutes to send and we late to receive messages.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This sounds like an update issue! I can help you to repair your device! Please message me and will assist you further

OP
R

ryanD

Reaction score
Solved: took the SD card out and the phone worked fine.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved..

Domestic violence

Reaction score
Was it a ScanDisk card?

When I had my Note2, I had all kinds of issues with it, suddenly. A little research suggested that the ScanDisk cards sometimes really screw up Samsung devices