$29.99 Droid Verizon Plan

tzetter

Reaction score
IM's are typically counted as txt messages even though they are sent/received in the IM interface at least they were last time I read the fine print.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IM's are typically counted as txt messages even though they are sent/received in the IM interface at least they were last time I read the fine print.

I know they had been on dumb phones and stuff like that, just wasn't sure about a smartphone like this, with multiple ways of sending them.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I know they had been on dumb phones and stuff like that, just wasn't sure about a smartphone like this, with multiple ways of sending them.

IM is included as data not text. Atleast it was on my BB. I use it everyday

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah Miami but MMS is also considered data too, does that mean those aren't charged? Just wondering.

bguild

Reaction score
You do not need the unlimited plan to sync with Exchange. This has been discussed numerous times.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Miami but MMS is also considered data too, does that mean those aren't charged? Just wondering.

Not sure why! On my bill last month thouogh it said I have 480 txt messages. Dude I can dude 480 IM's in one day. I have that many people on it. Just at work theres like 40 people on google. I'm not sure the difference but something is different. you are right they seperate it out for MMS. When i actually get my droid tomorrow i'll ask for clarifiacation

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it's quite strange, was just wondering if you knew, because MMS is data in the eyes of verizon.

godanigo

Reaction score
On my G1, only the built in messaging app used messages as text messages in my plan. Apps like Meebo and Hello IM or whatever used data. I imagine it is the same if not similar.

urmomFTW

Reaction score
why would one need to pay extra for text msgs? I thought on smartphones text/mms/etc were counted toward your data (ie the $29.99/mo) Thats how it is on my Storm right now. My sister and I both have blackberrys, only my mom and dad use the 250 texts as they both have dumbphones.

halo0

Reaction score
why would one need to pay extra for text msgs? I thought on smartphones text/mms/etc were counted toward your data (ie the $29.99/mo) Thats how it is on my Storm right now. My sister and I both have blackberrys, only my mom and dad use the 250 texts as they both have dumbphones.

Good question, seems like just another way to nickel and dime us.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Txts msg's aren't considered data, they are sent over the same airwaves as voice, that's why they are limited to 160 characters.

droidnator

Reaction score
Hi. I am a VZW rep and "smartphone" plan is the only option for the Droid for $29.99.

BigTex71

Reaction score
Hi. I am a VZW rep and "smartphone" plan is the only option for the Droid for $29.99.

I beg to differ. It depends on the account. The $29.99 plan is for personal accounts and the $44.99 plan is for business accounts. Or am I mistaken?

droidnator

Reaction score
It is the same price and option for droid regardless if business or peasonal. Blackberries data costs $44.99 if u need it for business corporate email. Hope this helps.