24 Hour Nightmare

kiddhan625

Reaction score
So for the last 24 hours I have had no luck in getting consistent data lock. All I get is bars for signal but no 1x, 3g or 4g. Spoke to tech support 3 times. Everytime you pull the battery out and reset. The phone locks in for data and then craps out. They are sending me a replacement phone. Anyone else had this issue?

Facebook can't sync.
Gmail says server not reacable or that I don't have a data plan
Internet says host unreachable
Ping says hot unreachable

MrKleen

Reaction score
There is no reason to get a replacement phone unless you want someone else's returned phone. There are several things you can do and here are only a couple.

Turn phone off, remove battery and sim card. Wait a couple minutes then put back in and restart phone.

That should work... If not go to a store and have them give you a new sim card (free).

Try these first.... But keep your own phone.

OP
K

kiddhan625

Reaction score
MrKleen...no dice! Suggested option 1 fail!

Verizon store said they can't give me a sim since a new phone and new sim are on their way. They suggest trying the new sim in the phone once I receive it. We'll see but I am not to happy with this.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
I been having the same problem ,right now I'm on
1x, its either that or just bars ,I tried option 1 but didn't work, I have no insurance and I hope this problem fixes itself out , my fiance has a thunderbolt and he's having no connection issue at all

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

PhishyKris

Reaction score
This happened a few months back when they were having network issues with LTE. I live in LA and it was up and then down and then up and...

do you live in a newly lit LTE area?

MrKleen

Reaction score
MrKleen...no dice! Suggested option 1 fail!

Verizon store said they can't give me a sim since a new phone and new sim are on their way. They suggest trying the new sim in the phone once I receive it. We'll see but I am not to happy with this.

The next thing I would do while waiting is a Factory Data Reset.

Go to menu, SD and phone storage...factory data reset.

I would be very curious to see what happens if you put the new sim card in your phone. Over on XDA I read a couple developers that had data issues and a trip to Verizon to get a new sim did the trick.

bassmankc

Reaction score
I been having the same problem ,right now I'm on
1x, its either that or just bars ,I tried option 1 but didn't work, I have no insurance and I hope this problem fixes itself out , my fiance has a thunderbolt and he's having no connection issue at all

You don't need insurance, it's still under factory warranty, unless it went swimming or something?

joewilly013

Reaction score
This happened a few months back when they were having network issues with LTE. I live in LA and it was up and then down and then up and...

do you live in a newly lit LTE area?

Agree with this too. I had similar data issues the first couple months, but now with phase II LTE expansion imminent in our area (PHX) I have solid service.

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
Yep. Had this same problem. They sent me a replacement phone. My original phone started working but I still took the replacement. Mine had some minor cosmetic flaws (peeling kickstand) and the new one doesn't. At first I was mad that I needed a replacement but I was reassured because the factory refurbished ones are put through so many tests. Besides Verizon said if I had any issues with the refurbished they will replace it free of charge. So far my refurbished is running great.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums

OP
K

kiddhan625

Reaction score
It has been locked on solid since last evening. Weird to say the least! My "replacement" phone should be arriving today. Will wait to see how things go before deciding on what to do. Needless to say I am going to definietly swap out the sim card. Thanks for everyones help