Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

stdeeeez

Reaction score
Anyone know whats causing this, it just started .. annoying as hell..

are you using a custom rom? :icon_exclaim: usually there is a simple option in settings to turn this and or vibrate every 2 seconds on or off i i think. pretty sure it was on cm7 nightlies but im running project elite v5 to see what all the hype was about. and i really do like project elite . just not enough themes.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Anyone know whats causing this, it just started .. annoying as hell..

are you using a custom rom? :icon_exclaim: usually there is a simple option in settings to turn this and or vibrate every 2 seconds on or off i i think. pretty sure it was on cm7 nightlies but im running project elite v5 to see what all the hype was about. and i really do like project elite . just not enough themes.

No custom roms... I checked every setting, even called verizon and they could hear it when I put it on speakerphone and they didnt know what it was..they lamed it on blue tooth which was turned off..

gentlespiritwolf

Reaction score
Annoying beeps...

I just bought my first droid (a Razr) on Jan. 30, so have only had it a few days and still have LOTS to learn about it. I haven't made many calls on it but a few of the ones that I did make were on a major interstate and in 4G territory. But coming home Monday night before I turned onto the first of the "major" two lane highways, it started beeping every four seconds (the beep is only a single beep though). The first time, it beeped every four seconds for four beeps, then a brief (not near long enough!) pause before it started the beeping again. This time it was nine beeps between pauses, then ten beeps. There didn't seem to be any pattern as to how many beeps or when that I could tell but by then I was already frustrated. It stopped as soon as I turned onto the "major" two lane highway and I didn't hear it the rest of the three hour drive (both interstate, major two lane and smaller two lanes) until I turned from one two lane onto another just two miles away from my house. It beeped all the way home and continues to beep when I use it here at home. Has ANYONE got this figured out as about five different tech support reps haven't been able to yet? Think I will run it back by the store tomorrow but of course it won't do it there {sigh}
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
GSW

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just bought my first droid (a Razr) on Jan. 30, so have only had it a few days and still have LOTS to learn about it. I haven't made many calls on it but a few of the ones that I did make were on a major interstate and in 4G territory. But coming home Monday night before I turned onto the first of the "major" two lane highways, it started beeping every four seconds (the beep is only a single beep though). The first time, it beeped every four seconds for four beeps, then a brief (not near long enough!) pause before it started the beeping again. This time it was nine beeps between pauses, then ten beeps. There didn't seem to be any pattern as to how many beeps or when that I could tell but by then I was already frustrated. It stopped as soon as I turned onto the "major" two lane highway and I didn't hear it the rest of the three hour drive (both interstate, major two lane and smaller two lanes) until I turned from one two lane onto another just two miles away from my house. It beeped all the way home and continues to beep when I use it here at home. Has ANYONE got this figured out as about five different tech support reps haven't been able to yet? Think I will run it back by the store tomorrow but of course it won't do it there {sigh}
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
GSW

Took me 2 replacements of a d2g to get rid of the beeps..

roguegal

Reaction score
got it too

I have the beeping too!! Driving me nuts. Just got the phone about a week ago. It comes and goes. NO bluetooth on, bluetooth on, speaker on. charged, etc. Verizon couldn't fix it and told me to switch phones. Switched, and now it's on speaker right now and beeping away!! I can't stand having it in my ear.

Then it stops, then it starts. What the heck!! Guess I need to trade it in again!! This is ridiculous!