2.2 manual update unrooted

frayed

Reaction score
First I would like to apologize if this question has been answered but I can't find it.
I did the manual update and later I read that the update was recalled by Verizon and everyone is waiting for the ota 2.2.

Is this true? Should I step my phone back to 2.1 or 2.0 and redo the update?

How do I do This?

rboutin2

Reaction score
i too am unrooted on yy gf's motodroid, and got impatient and manually installed the 2.2. I want to downgrade it back to stock and then get the ota update when it comes out in a few days for us. any help?

OP
F

frayed

Reaction score
Is This a question that is to stupid for an answer? Why will no one reply?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you manually installed Froyo it's just like it came in OTA. BTW, was this the 45MB or the 79MB version?

There is a tiny (1.6MB) update coming out maybe even today. That's going to fix a couple of security issues and gives you the ability to get Flash from the Market. You should receive this irregardless if the Froyo update was OTA or manual.

ricca218

Reaction score
I too got impatient and followed the instructions on droid-life. This was before the OTA started getting pushed, and before they stopped sending the OTAs due to bugs or whatever. I hear the manual update was not as "clean" as the official OTA, which i guess can explain the bugs. This could all be in my head, because i have also heard that the manual update file that someone pulled from google's servers is identical to the pushed OTA. However, to ease my mind i would love to downgrade and receive the OTA so i know my droid is living the life that was intended. Problem is I am technologically smarter than people who just do not know the answer on how to do it, but technologically dumber than the people who do know the answer. I think this explains why i can not find easy instructions. All that mumbo jumbo about rooting and flashing back to 2.1 does not make sense to me. I did the manual update because the directions were easy enough for me to follow, but kind of wish i didnt do it now.

ricca218

Reaction score
Also, my manual update was the 45 mb version. Correct me if i am wrong, but i think this means that the manual update was just a patch to existing files that upgraded the phone to 2.2. Which explains the cleaner 70 mb version, which completely wiped and completed added the files. YES i know, i probably sound like i know nothing.

jus10snidr35

Reaction score
This is pretty much the exact situation I am in right now and just recently have started noticing my wifi not working. It shows full strength but will not transfer any data and kind of concerns me and curious if it is due to this update because I have heard people complaining about the same issue

ricca218

Reaction score
Well i have definitely heard people complaining about this. I can not really know for sure, because i've always had wifi issues with computers even so i just blamed it on my internet service. However, i am pretty sure i have had problems with my wifi going in and out on my droid since i manually updated.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im waiting for the FRG22D update. I gave my gf my old droid1 (which hasnt been used since july 15 thanks to my new X) and when I checked status for update it downloaded a 45mb file which under the phone info is just FRG01B or something like that? I hope she gets the update soon. Im havin major fun playing with my X and My/Her droid1 lol