2.2 install problems on X

oreoero

Reaction score
Droid X: Installed 2.2 last night.

Got a coupe of errors in the install, but it finished and everything seemed fine.

Found out this morning that My computer now does not recognize the Droid. VCast Media Managfer doesn't see it and PdaNet doesn't either.

Got some "Need to install driver for your new device" messages...disabled that on my PC.

Was able to see the Droid in Explorer and view the contents of the SD card, but that seems intermittent.

I want to return to 2.1 Stock, but all of the instructions involve holding UP on the D-Pad, which X doesn't have.

Can anyone tell me how to fix the 2.2 problem, or how to return to stock 2.1?

Thanks

O

chrger

Reaction score
I believe I've run into the same issue - I just happened to check for updates and My DX informed me that I had the 2.2 available for download; which I downloaded.

Actually, the download and install went (seemingly & suprisingly) well...until I plugged my DX into my computer via USB and things started to CRAWL.

Basically, the computer now does not have the correct drivers for the USB device (my X) now that the update is in - I'm CONSTANTLY receiving "this device can perform faster in a 2.0 USB slot" messages when I connect my phone.

I don't want to hunt for misc. drivers all over the Internet - have you had similar problems and/or any luck resolving?

Ken41

Reaction score
Motorola 4.7.1 driver update fixed mine, thanks to help
from the fourm members.

Ken

CapnObvious

Reaction score
I'm having same issue with wondows not recognizng the device anymore. will try to find 4.7.1 and install to see if it corects the problem. happening on both home and work PC since the 2.2 update.

update:
loaded 4.7.1 and rebooted PC, no luck. rebooted device and it connected fine, loaded the new drivers and started charging. an ad for some kind of motovision popped up.

Last edited:

moose5461

Reaction score
I had the same issue with after the 2.2 update. I just updated to the 4.7.1 driver from the motorola site and now it recognizes fine. It shows up as a Motorola MB810 device now as opposed to a Droid X like it did with 2.1 but otherwise it seems to be fine.

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA

OP
O

oreoero

Reaction score
I downloaded the drivers, went through the process detailed in the instructions and got a message saying that the driver was not found. I am attaching screen shots of the Motorola download page, the folder where I directed the installer to, and the message. Can anyone help?