Music Player Problems after 2.2 Vz Push

gary.benjam

Reaction score
Has anyone had any Music Player problems after their X was updated to 2.2? Mine was updated last week and since that time whenever I try to play a song I get "Sorry the player does not support that type of audio file". It always worked fine under 2.1 and I have removed the stock player and re-installed to no avail.

thanks for your help.
Gary

wade234

Reaction score
Happened Yesterday

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I normally use doubleTwist but the same thing happened in stock media player. I had to turn phone off and back on to get it to play. Notes, I did a wipe after upgrading to 2.2. Resetting resolved a lot of issues but new issues keep coming up.

BlownSi05

Reaction score
I have this issue as well. I haven't yet, but I am going to clean off my music files and re-sync them and see if that fixes it. I am wondering if the 2.2 OTA messed up the file extensions of the music that was on the device when the update was applied?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
What file type is it? mp3? wma? oog? wav? Is it happening to all of your music or just some? I have the same issue with the stock music player that most people have (switching orientation bugs etc.) Is it possible an app or sync software changed file extensions? The media on your SDCard could also be corrupted, try copying a new song. If all else fails, format the sd card and try it again.

scott4700

Reaction score
I've had same issue, with MP3 files. "Fixed" by power-down/power-up.

Also much other weirdness, notifications no longer working for yahoo mail. Web browser scrolling significantly slower with large pages.

OP
G

gary.benjam

Reaction score
Thanks Folks...I powered off/on and still had some problems so downloaded doubletwist and did the same procedure and now things work perfectly. Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Gary

Sgt Jiggy

Reaction score
I use Mixzing (the paid app) no issues at all with the update. best music app imho. It's the only one I could find that has an equalizer and will sync with my mac itunes.

Daekar

Reaction score
I too have had problems with the music player that required me to take the battery out to get it to unfreeze. I'm going to try pulling off the music and puttin it back on.... although I had Windows check the card for errors in the filesystem and correct them, so I might not have to. My wife's phone was bricked by the 2.2 OTA update and it also fried the card... left it unreadable and undetectable by windows or partition managers but windows did label it a master boot record for some reason. I think the update seriously messes with the cards...

Ben52

Reaction score
My phone used to work great as a simple usb mass storage device, when hooked up to my clarion CD player's usb port. It would find the music on the card through the phone, and play it, controlled by the Stereo, not the phone. I havent used this feature since the update to 2.2, and now when I try it, the stereo will not read it at all. Please Help! The card is still readable via the computer, and for some reason, windows xp recognizes it as two drives now. Drive E is a motorala drive (what ever that is) , and Drive F: is now present, which is the sd card. The people at Motorola told me to do a factory reset. It took me weeks to set this phone up, and I would rather not do that. Any Ideas? Please Help!

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My phone used to work great as a simple usb mass storage device, when hooked up to my clarion CD player's usb port. It would find the music on the card through the phone, and play it, controlled by the Stereo, not the phone. I havent used this feature since the update to 2.2, and now when I try it, the stereo will not read it at all. Please Help! The card is still readable via the computer, and for some reason, windows xp recognizes it as two drives now. Drive E is a motorala drive (what ever that is) , and Drive F: is now present, which is the sd card. The people at Motorola told me to do a factory reset. It took me weeks to set this phone up, and I would rather not do that. Any Ideas? Please Help!

I have a similar issue. For some reason when I load the phone via usb on a Windows XP machine, it installs a "CD Drive" and the "Removable"

Its weird, haven't tried to trouble shoot it because everything is working. But its definitely not normal.

Also, the OTA sucks, Orientation changes while using the music player always lead to a battery pull. For some reason when it switches back and forth, it changes the screen scale and puts everything out of place. I watched my display pulsate in and out for 5 minutes before I had to do a battery pull. Weird thing, it kept playing music even though the phone was fubar'd.

steeveegee

Reaction score
same problem and its really getting to me because i mainly use the phone for music
i hope this gets straitened out soon.
i was trying to be optimistic with 2.2 but they really messed this one up bad! :icon_evil: my phone was fine with 2.1 i wish i could switch back

deek

Reaction score
Same problem....
"Phone does not recognize this file type"
Power cycle fixes it, but it later will happen again down the road.
It seems to have affected both pandora and slacker radio too where it won't play music.
Not sure if the issue is related.

Also, the other thing that has annoyed me is the texts in the inbox. They're not in order of last received being first. I checked the options and never found a way to organize them differently. :(

Hope these are simple fixes that can be updated over the air soon.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
My music doesnt work all that great now either,i get a lockup about 30% of the time I use it,requiring a reboot.....never had that problem with 2.1....

BlownSi05

Reaction score
Well, a reboot of the phone made it recognize the file type again, which is .mp3 for all my music. It is not a music player issue though, it is an actual issue with the file associations. I used Ringdroid to cut a piece of a song out to use as a ring tone and after a while, it defaulted to a standard pre-loaded ringtone and would not recognize the MP3 file format. I have to reboot every few days to fix the issue.

Rcoop80

Reaction score
"Phone does not recognize this file type"
Power cycle fixes it, but it later will happen again down the road.
It seems to have affected both pandora and slacker radio too where it won't play music.
Not sure if the issue is related.

EXACT same issue here. The first problem I had after the 2.2 update was music player and Pandora not working. Reboot and it worked fine......for a day or 2. I've had to keep rebooting every now and then to listen to music. No real rhyme or reason to it. I can't find anything in particular that seems to cause it. Just random. Has anyone talked to Moto tech support yet? Kinda curious to hear what they say.