1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stuck in bootloop on 2.2, how do I install the FroYo version of Koush's recovery?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by just4747, Aug 26, 2010.

1. just4747

just4747 New Member

I was trying deodexing manually and ran into big problems, now in bootloop. I want to just custom recovery restore to the deodexed ROM here (Droid X 2.2 Froyo Deodexed and Ready For Themes) but cannot because I get the following error every time I try to restore a backup from custom recovery: "e:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 device or resource busy...etc..."

I think I found out that it is because this Koush recovery is the original 2.1 version, so I need the 2.2 one.

Two things:

-Where do I get this 2.2 newer version? His site doesn't mention it but maybe he just replaced the file download without mentioning? (http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/08/droid-x-recovery.html)

-How can I install this newer recovery if I am stuck in bootloop?

Thanks guys.
  2. just4747

just4747 New Member

Can someone please help me? I need to figure out how to get the newer version of this custom recovery on so I can restore the deodexed 2.2. Until then I am stuck!

Even when I try to apply a 2.2 update.zip from stock recovery, it says:

"E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 2)
    Installation aborted."
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
Search tags for this page
cricket sayno zio stuck in boot loop
sanyo zio boot loop

sanyo zio stuck in boot loop

sprint sanyo zio stuck in boot loop