181 update. Now no 4g

Eclipse7

Reaction score
Is anybody's 4G working with the new build? I'm in new york and its not working.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Mine's working perfectly fine. Actually, it seems to hold onto a LTE signal slightly better. The Restore Connectivity Settings app C2Cab95 is handy for getting LTE straitened out if you know you should have a signal but are stuck on 3G. It's a shame that it has to be used, but it's fixed things up for me when I've needed it.

OP
E

Eclipse7

Reaction score
Tried it but unfortunately same thing. No 4G.

gling

Reaction score
Funny, I flashed back from the ICS leak to 173 this morning in order to receive the new update and haven't had 4G all day. Thought it was an outage as I always have a strong signal here in So.Cal.
Never had this happen when flashing back before. Hope the update fixes it or it's back to ICS.

KGreis

Reaction score
Lucky i never got lucky enough to get 181 :/ oh well

KGreis

Reaction score
Atleast i still have 4G :p

huskur

Reaction score
Mine's working perfectly fine. Actually, it seems to hold onto a LTE signal slightly better. The Restore Connectivity Settings app C2Cab95 is handy for getting LTE straitened out if you know you should have a signal but are stuck on 3G. It's a shame that it has to be used, but it's fixed things up for me when I've needed it.

You really don't need to take it that far to retrieve your 4G. Just put your phone in sleep mode or airplane mode and it will refresh the radio and will pick the 4G back up.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You really don't need to take it that far to retrieve your 4G. Just put your phone in sleep mode or airplane mode and it will refresh the radio and will pick the 4G back up.

Generally speaking, you're right. You don't have to. But there are certain situations when a quick switch to airplane mode doesn't straighten things out. The Restore Connectivity App typically takes care of business when that happens. It's a good thing to have just in case.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Is anybody's 4G working with the new build? I'm in new york and its not working.

My 4G is actually stronger with this latest update, and only getting occasional data drops, unlike before

Sent from my rooted and Sith powered Moto DROID RAZR

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Tried it but unfortunately same thing. No 4G.

Did you pull your simcard out at any time?
If you try this next part, be careful, you can ruin the sim with a scratch so don't use tweezers on the foil sticker part.

You could try powering down your device and removing the sim, power it up, then power it down, replace the sim, and turn it back on.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

huskur

Reaction score
My 4G is actually stronger with this latest update, and only getting occasional data drops, unlike before

that is just what I hope happens when I get the update. My data drops much more than my wifes Bionic. Kinda disappointing....

huskur

Reaction score
Did you pull your simcard out at any time?
If you try this next part, be careful, you can ruin the sim with a scratch so don't use tweezers on the foil sticker part.

You could try powering down your device and removing the sim, power it up, then power it down, replace the sim, and turn it back on.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

94lt1 is right. Normally "reseating" the SIM does the trick.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
that is just what I hope happens when I get the update. My data drops much more than my wifes Bionic. Kinda disappointing....

I want my update too lol. Nothing on either one of my maxx's

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

Kimo91

Reaction score

Yeah from what I've noticed today I had 2 data drops compared to at least 10/day before the update...oh and also before the update I was getting at max 2 bars on 4G, this update I'm up to 4 bars. Could be cause most of the towers where I live is updated or could be the build, not too sure on that yet.