Ota update .181

Steeltallon

Reaction score
Tried 4x to install .181 and it fails everytime. Tried it rooted, and un-rooted. It don't like me.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Upgrade installation was smooth with no issues. Phone is more responsive and battery length is longer from my prespective?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Tried 4x to install .181 and it fails everytime. Tried it rooted, and un-rooted. It don't like me.
I promise it won't install if you are rooted and/or have deleted, moved or renamed apps that could only have been deleted, moved or renamed with root. You must unfreeze any apps you have frozen, replace any stock app that you may have deleted. moved or renamed and then unroot. If you still have problems installing the update I recommend you go back to stock by RSD or use the Razr Utility found in the Hacks section of this forum. If you're not stock .173 you will not be able to download and successfully install this update.

doomangiger

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't update with safestrap or bootstrap installed so that could be ur problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

unholydoragon

Reaction score
You need to return your phone back to a stock configuration...by that I mean unfreeze all apps, replace any app that you may have moved or deleted (apps that you had to be rooted to move or delete) and unroot your phone. If you have voodoo root keeper installed and using it then the process is a little different, but you still need all apps unfrozen and be unrooted. If you've unrooted and you still can't get the update you can use the Razr Utility to return to stock .173 and then get the update.

I've never rooted my phone, but it says that for me too. Help!

cmorty72

Reaction score
I've never rooted my phone, but it says that for me too. Help!

One thing you could try is resetting your phone back to stock with a factory reset, then you should be able to get .181.

Sent from a covert location using telepathic means and satellite relays.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I promise it won't install if you are rooted and/or have deleted, moved or renamed apps that could only have been deleted, moved or renamed with root. You must unfreeze any apps you have frozen, replace any stock app that you may have deleted. moved or renamed and then unroot. If you still have problems installing the update I recommend you go back to stock by RSD or use the Razr Utility found in the Hacks section of this forum. If you're not stock .173 you will not be able to download and successfully install this update.

I would agree with most of this statement, I downloaded and installed the update just fine even though I was rooted. Of course lost root and added it back with Matt's Utility in the hacks section. After seeing your post and remembering I forgot to protect root.

unholydoragon

Reaction score
How do I tell what version I have? Is it possible that I already have the update?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
How do I tell what version I have? Is it possible that I already have the update?

menu>system>about phone>look at System version. Current version is 6.12.181X912.Verizon.en.US

friedmjb

Reaction score
updated yesterday. Doesn't seem to be any difference in performance, battery life, or capabilities.

honors21

Reaction score
My battery life is way better with the update.