100% Bezeless Phones Being Released By Sharp In July

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sharp-fs-series-1-jpg.77626

The new trend in smartphone technology is slim bezeled phones. The new infinity display on the Galaxy S8, and the nearly bezeless display on the LG G6 are great examples of this. Now we may have a set of totally bezeless phones making their way to the market. The Sharp FS8016 and FS8010 have a front side made entirely of one sheet of glass. Both phones include a 5.5" display. They are packing some less than stellar specs one with a Snapdragon 660, and the other with a Snapdragon 330. Would you be happy to see other OEMs adopt this all display front on flagships next year?

via Gizchina

Attachments

• Sharp-FS-Series-1.jpg
    Sharp-FS-Series-1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3,805

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Would you be happy to see other OEMs adopt this all display front on flagships next year?

No.

First off, not everyone wants a phone over 5".

Second, that looks stupid with a cutout for the front camera. Nothing wrong with a little bezel for top and bottom speakers and camera. How much does someone get paid to design a phone with 0 bezel - "I'm going to work round-the-clock....give me a few months to come up with something"

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there's a way to make the camera popup from the top... make the entire front a screen and include some kind of popup camera and put the mic and speakers and such on the top and bottom. I'm sure there's a better solution.

it'll be interesting to see where these kinds of devices end up.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
not too sure about this, still going to lose part of the screen if you use cases. or do they expect you to use velcro to keep your phone in the case.

Last edited:

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Can you imagine dropping that phone on the corner? Instant shatter! It just looks so fragile to me.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'd buy it if it had a decent processor; I'm all about a unique phone but c'mon.

Why did they even bother if they were going to put a garbage processor in it?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd buy it if it had a decent processor; I'm all about a unique phone but c'mon.

Why did they even bother if they were going to put a garbage processor in it?
@Dusty, what if the phone is only 250 or 300?

Obviously the phone isn't going to be a high end expensive phone, maybe this is a market test.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Snapdragon 660 is more the enough to handle all tasks most people will ever need.
I had z force with 825 and z play with 625. You know own the difference between two? 625 battery lasts 2x longer then 825.

lopezrivera75

Reaction score
Snapdragon 660 is more the enough to handle all tasks most people will ever need.
I had z force with 825 and z play with 625. You know own the difference between two? 625 battery lasts 2x longer then 825.
The Z play? Is that a phone?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Z play? Is that a phone?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm confused. Are you asking if the Moto Z Play is a phone, but you are posting with a Moto Z? And why is this question in a thread about a new phone by Sharp? :D