1 yr contract or 2 yr contract

cttooch

Reaction score
i am interested in getting a droid x. are there any advantages or disadvantages of taking the 1 yr contract instead of the 2 yr contract

xpezdj

Reaction score
Pay the little extra for a 1 year its worth it in the end. I did it for my omnia and the verizon rep at the store was telling me that I couldn't do it. I told them alright cancel everything I don't want it.. finally did it. Asking me a bunch of questions about why would I want to do that. They must get paid commision or something for 2 year contracts..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Well initially you will pay more for your phone but you will be able to upgrade to the latest and greatest quicker. I usually only do one year contracts so that I can get a new phone every year if I want.

Detonation

Reaction score
I'll probably be switching to a 1 year contract next fall when my 2 year from my Droid is up.

Basically it will cost your $120 more overall. You get $70 less off the phone, and don't get the $50 new every two discount. But when you factor that into the total cost of ownership over the contract, its only a small percentage. I'll gladly pay that little bit more to have the opportunity every year to get a new phone and have the flexibility of switching carriers I have to.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup I will be switching to 1 year plans too. I may even switch to a family plan to have extra phones available....I'm addicted now.

Too much greatness coming out. I'm addicted now.....I'm still debating about getting a Fascinate off Ebay or when my upgrade comes up switch to a family plan and get 2 of the newer phones coming out..

Did I mention I'm addicted now....?

everstar80

Reaction score
I too am a droid addict now. I wish now I had gotten a one year contract because I only used the lg ally and once I saw the droid 2, I had to have it. And I'm sure in a few months, I will be salivating over a newer model of my device. So I definitely will get one year contract after this one is up.