1.4.1 boot sound....

sliff2000

Reaction score
Anyway to make that LOUD boot sound go away, it's cool..... but way to loud.

CHP

Reaction score
open up terminal emulator

type&enter:su
type&enter:apextoolbox

go to "goodies" > toggle boot animation > disable THX sound

all done :)

DJSpikezz

Reaction score
Fabolous!!!! AWESOME WORK! That boot sound was EPIC! I've been trying to get sound on my bootanimation for sooooooo long. Pure pro! Thank you soo much for being you and inspiring to the rest of us. Please keep up the amazing work!

OP
S

sliff2000

Reaction score
Thanks, I actually woke up one of my kiddos when I applied the new rom. Seems to boot faster.

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Right, since the location of the sound file is described in bootanimation.zip

You'll need to modify other bootanimations to look for the file.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

RadarSadie

Reaction score
I love the THX sound but it woke up my wife and our 3 dogs, not to mention the neighbors dogs.

quentin-

Reaction score
Who thought it would be a good idea to put this in? And who thought it would be a good idea to make it play by default?

DJSpikezz

Reaction score
Who thought it would be a good idea to put this in? And who thought it would be a good idea to make it play by default?

Does it matter who? I think it's great, if you don't like it Fabulous left directions on how to turn it off. If those directions are too tough, you shouldn't mess with your phone.

Props for the Animation with sound Finally sound wooot!

But honestly all the *****ing and complaining going on about it is stupid.

harshd2000

Reaction score

The rom creator's idea. If you do not like it (like myself) you can easily turn it off.

However, that is not why responded. I responded because of the tone you used on your post. Please change it. Don't sound like an a$$hole otherwise no one will respond to anything you ask or need help with. I think this community thrives by learning and respecting from one another. So no need to sound like a jackarse.

DJSpikezz

Reaction score

The rom creator's idea. If you do not like it (like myself) you can easily turn it off.

However, that is not why responded. I responded because of the tone you used on your post. Please change it. Don't sound like an a$$hole otherwise no one will respond to anything you ask or need help with. I think this community thrives by learning and respecting from one another. So no need to sound like a jackarse.

Forgive me if I came across sounding like an A-hole. However, some people to me came across quite the same way complaining about the boot up sound. Fact is, it was posted how to remove the sound and yet people were still complaining. Show the programmers respect. This thread isn't 30 pages long it's 2 currently. We're getting way off topic. I'm a bit of a walking talking droid and if I come across cold it's cause I'm simply stating facts and my intention to make anyone cry wasn't the case. However if you did cry you might want to consider seeing a psychologist.

On the note of me getting ignored, I could careless since I don't need help or have any questions and won't.

Have a great day.