custom boot animation WITH sound? in 1.4.1?

deathshead

Reaction score
Hi there just got apex 1.4.1 up and running and have a quick question...

Is there a way to use a custom boot animation and still have it pull from the apex.mp3 in system/media?

its seems like i can only do the stock apex animation with my own sounds or my own boot animations with no sound..

thanks!

harshd2000

Reaction score
Hi there just got apex 1.4.1 up and running and have a quick question...

Is there a way to use a custom boot animation and still have it pull from the apex.mp3 in system/media?

its seems like i can only do the stock apex animation with my own sounds or my own boot animations with no sound..

thanks!

The boot animation and sound are in two different locations. You can have whatever bootanimation you want. Name it bootanimation.zip and place it in /data/local. As far as the sound, you can also have whatever you want. Name it apex.mp3 and put it in /system/media

If you do not know how to do it in Terminal Emulator, follow these steps. Put the bootanimation.zip AND apex.mp3 on the root of the sdcard (meaning not in any folders on the sdcard) then open the Terminal emulator and type the following...

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
cp /sdcard/apex.mp3 /system/media/apex.mp3
sys -ro
reboot

B-RAN

Reaction score
The directions above are correct as far as file placement, but just naming your custom sound to apex.mp3 willl not play that with anything other than the Apex bootanimation. Fab has a code written in his bootanimation that detects the apex.mp3 and pulls it. You can run a custom sound, named apex.mp3, with his boot animation (like you said you have successfully done), but if you change the boot animation it will kill the sound.
You can write the sound into your own bootanimation but I'm not tech enough to do that or tell you how.
Good Luck, and no offense to the guy who gave you directions above!

harshd2000

Reaction score
The directions above are correct as far as file placement, but just naming your custom sound to apex.mp3 willl not play that with anything other than the Apex bootanimation. Fab has a code written in his bootanimation that detects the apex.mp3 and pulls it. You can run a custom sound, named apex.mp3, with his boot animation (like you said you have successfully done), but if you change the boot animation it will kill the sound.
You can write the sound into your own bootanimation but I'm not tech enough to do that or tell you how.
Good Luck, and no offense to the guy who gave you directions above!

Oh none taken. I did not know that. Since I disabled the sound, I did not realize that the bootanimation.zip had to call for it. I thought it was just as simple as putting it in the right folders. I do apologize for mis-guided direction. I also do not know how to call the mp3 in bootanimation. Thanks B-RAN for clearing it up.

cheers mate

OP
D

deathshead

Reaction score
Can't get ANY custom boot animations to load.. The known good boot anim I used in 1.4.0 is just a black screen now.

I have tried all the settings in the tool box and adding my bootanimation.zip to data/local and system media...

Any ideas?

All I'm able to use is default apex boot animation with a custom apex.mp3.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

djakrse

Reaction score
Here's some links that I think will help:

Trouble understanding the "coding" in bootanimation.zip

The desc.txt for boot animations works like this

The desc.txt must call the sound file, which can refer to a named.mp3 or named.ogg. As mentioned, the sound file must be in /system/media (whether animation is in /data/local or /system/media). When creating/modifying a boot animation, you must pay particular attention to the format of the desc.txt (dont forget line break at end of file), and when archiving files, put part folder and desc.txt in root of zip, and archive using store method (no compression.)

Last edited: