.09 vs .10 Baseband

nleksan

Reaction score
And I was about to get pissed and demand a "new" gnex! lol! I would rather have a S. Korean phone than a chinese phone!

If that is in fact that case, I retract my complaint and admit that, despite the issues I have had, it could be worse... I could have a Galaxy Red...

EDIT: Darn! Just when I was feeling better... :p

streetmike

Reaction score
. 09 here..

stock baseband was iffy, flashed up to the 4.0.3 ones and got better. pretty much fine. small hand off lag some times inside buildings. when up to the 4.0.4 and it was worse by far than the other 2...

i was wonderful if the 4.0.4 leak didn't have .10 radios in it. that's why my .09 didn't like it. but sounds like it shouldn't make a difference

.09 here too. I get horrible signal at home. Would End up getting text messages at 2 in the morning when they were sent at noon the previous day. Flashed 4.0.3 and didn't help. Actually lost all radios. I flashed the 4.0.4 last weekend and its been so much better. I actually get signal at my house. It still isn't the best but no more delayed messages. I do get the straight to VM sometimes though. I never had a problem with the OG Droid. So I am hoping they are just going to keep updating the radios.

whopua

Reaction score
I have .09. 3&4G and wifi work flawlessly. No random reboots. My ONLY complaint about this phone is the cut-out during conversations where the other person can't hear me. I keep hearing it's a mic issue but I press number keys and they can't hear those either. That doesn't sound like a mic issue to me. I am unlocked, stock rooted running 4.0.4. That update didn't help that matter. Still occurs. Love the phone but this issue frustrates me immensely.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
My first nexus was a .10, had major issues with dropping data and signal alike quite often. I have a .09 now that works like a charm. No reception issues whatsoever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have .09. 3&4G and wifi work flawlessly. No random reboots. My ONLY complaint about this phone is the cut-out during conversations where the other person can't hear me. I keep hearing it's a mic issue but I press number keys and they can't hear those either. That doesn't sound like a mic issue to me. I am unlocked, stock rooted running 4.0.4. That update didn't help that matter. Still occurs. Love the phone but this issue frustrates me immensely.

If 404 doesnt fix the cut out issue that tells me that they are probably stumped by the problem. Hope they figure it out soon! PS, it doesnt happen when using my corded hands free headset.

dlc1265

Reaction score
My first was a .09. I had big wi-fi to mobile network handoff issues. They replaced it and i got a .10 phone...cool!, I thought! But I could barely get a signal at all, dropped calls, no data! I called VZW and I had another phone the next day. This one was a .09. Everything is working as well as I expected! No problems after 3 days of use! Personally, the .09 worked, the .10 didn't.

craiggers14

Reaction score
My launch day Nexus was a .09. I had problems with signal and wifi drop and wifi handoff to cell tower for data...and screen banding that developed. I exchanged it...now I have a .10. No banding on the screen - signal issues are better but not perfect.

Strangest thing is that the vibration notification is noticeably more intense on the .10. I prefer this...so I'm happy. Anyone else notice this?