.09 vs .10 Baseband

capt. dan

Reaction score
I have the .09 version that I just got last week. I am on my second one and was hoping to get a .10. Is anyone with the .10 having connection problems?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
I'm on the .10 baseband and haven't had any connection problems. I hold signal on both 3g and 4g fine and no wifi issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cleevis

Reaction score
I have .09. I've had some issues. Mostly at home and a FEW other places that I've always had a bad connection. Only time it's bothered me being streaming netflix to my TV. gfs bionic never had to buffer. My gnex does. Im hoping updates will do enough to clear it up. This is the biggest reason im seriously considering root and trying out 4.0.4.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
vr .09 and .10 is not a baseband. its a model version. .10 is the newer model/hardware version. it could be as simple as changing a sticker, or as big as a higher binned processor/ better radio/different screen/anything.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
vr .09 and .10 is not a baseband. its a model version. .10 is the newer model version. it could be as simple as changing a sticker, or as big as a higher binned processor/ better radio/different screen/anything.

We need to get our hands on one of these .10's and tear it apart! Phone autopsy!

cleevis

Reaction score
From what I've come to understand it's a different hardware package. Although that's just from online feedback from users, and what they experience. Compared my own.

Nealius

Reaction score
I am on .10 phone is perfect. I had 2 .09 phone both dropped calls and data. Also the .09 ate my battery much faster.
I kept the nexus phone because it seemed to be head and shoulder better than my first 2. I noticed the difference with in 10 minutes

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

ethanhunt123

Reaction score
I am on .10 phone is perfect. I had 2 .09 phone both dropped calls and data. Also the .09 ate my battery much faster.
I kept the nexus phone because it seemed to be head and shoulder better than my first 2. I noticed the difference with in 10 minutes

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!
....haaaate

Big Ry

Reaction score
Hmm...we need to get lots of feedback on this. I'm on .09 and have had some issues with LTE in fringe areas. Can we get a poll going:

A) .09 no issues
B) .09 issues
C) .10 no issues
D). .10 issues

^^^ something to that effect. Its obviously much more complicated than just issues vs. No issues, but this could at least give an initial indication of the hardware differences.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RaptorKC

Reaction score
How do you tell the hardware version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cleevis

Reaction score
Settings, about phone, baseband. Fifth and sixth digit. .09 or .10

Htown315

Reaction score
We need a .10 and a .09 side by side and check dbm. Five sets of this would be great. I work with a guy who will be sending his .09 back for data issues and if he gets a .10 I will check.