0.5 to 0.8

bmr7c

Reaction score
I looked around and didn't find answer. Buddies phone is still on 0.5 and I'm getting him current. Can I jump from 0.5 to 0.8? Or do I have to go to 0.7 then 0.8? And do I have to do the kernal update too. What should b the order I do things?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
I've done that twice and I had to go from .6 to .8

Beka27

Reaction score
Personally, I am on .6 so I would be good to jump to .8? Is a full wipe required?

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
Yes you must wipe or you will with out a doubt have problems, but if you use the backup and restore app section in the toolbox then you can restore it all after the full wipe, at least that's what I did, let me know if it works.

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm new to liberty (just upgraded after .596) and this is very helpful info! What does the toolbox restore do that TB doesn't?

Guyute

Reaction score
I would stay away from .8. I'm on .5 and it works great. My good friend just went to .8 and is having all sorts of problems also the TBH hack dosn't seem to work on .8, but does on .5. So I can't see a good reason to upgrade especially if I lose features like hotspot.

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
I love .8 no issues at all and you can skip .7, and I just know they said not to use tb for .8 plus I just don't use it so I guess you could try it if your willing to risk it