ZodTTD´s Android Development Progess

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
which hero here made a one star rating on this thread ?! i know the development isnt fast. but it isnt the fault of zod or me. i report all what i know and zod haves a lot stuff to learn. but if he handle the android language we can expect many many many good things. just have a bit patience.

solar

Reaction score
wasn't me dude! I like hearing all the upcoming info. :popcorn:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
which hero here made a one star rating on this thread ?! i know the development isnt fast. but it isnt the fault of zod or me. i report all what i know and zod haves a lot stuff to learn. but if he handle the android language we can expect many many many good things. just have a bit patience.

I didn't even know we could rate threads. Lol. Learn something new every day. You can't expect everyone to be happy with everything all the time. I'll give it 5 stars but I want VLC on my phone:)

maxohkc

Reaction score
Hey guys i follow zodttd on twitter and good news he just bought a nexus one!!!!

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
thx for information. hadnt time this weekend to follow / contact him bymyself. but nexus in my opinion is a bad choice. it haves no hardware keys and no power vr sgx. the sgx is in the iphone too. the ati gpu in nexus is completely different and weaker. so he makes hisself double work to make it run on ati and sgx. i often told him to better buy a droid. well. dont really know why he dont. the nexus isnt really great for gaming in my opinion.

ClausG76

Reaction score
I don't understand the nexus purchase either. But if he is located outside the US he might have been put of by the locked bootloader on the Milestone. A lot of people ditched the Milestone, or changed to nexus because of that. But I'm keeping mine for a while. It is the best mobile for emulation I can get.

bobdude5

Reaction score
thx for information. hadnt time this weekend to follow / contact him bymyself. but nexus in my opinion is a bad choice. it haves no hardware keys and no power vr sgx. the sgx is in the iphone too. the ati gpu in nexus is completely different and weaker. so he makes hisself double work to make it run on ati and sgx. i often told him to better buy a droid. well. dont really know why he dont. the nexus isnt really great for gaming in my opinion.

if the hd2 can play ps1 games at nearly, if not full speed with its snap dragon processor, then so can the nexus one. All the games i have run equally smooth on the nexus and the droid (exzeus, raging thunder, asphalt, and all the emulators run full speed) annnnnnd the nexus one will also be getting Froyo which from what ive read, will give it better Open GL graphics support.

CrappyAlloy

Reaction score

if the hd2 can play ps1 games at nearly, if not full speed with its snap dragon processor, then so can the nexus one. All the games i have run equally smooth on the nexus and the droid (exzeus, raging thunder, asphalt, and all the emulators run full speed) annnnnnd the nexus one will also be getting Froyo which from what ive read, will give it better Open GL graphics support.
The droid will be getting froyo as well, and you missed his point.
Yes processor wise, the nexus is equally capable at games as the droid, but the gpu in the droid is better AND it has hardware keys that just make games better/easier.

ClausG76

Reaction score
Using touch controls also takes a lot of processing power. Frodo (c64) used to slow down a lot on my htc hero every time I used a touch key.
So if the droid gets 2.2 I asume the milestone will get it as well
When you compare the processor of the droid and the nexus. Are you compairing a overclocked droid or a standard 550 mhz droid.

Last edited: