Zipalign apks script erases account data

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I have a problem with the new sapphire 0.7.0 rom, when I run the zipalign_apks script it seems to run fine but somehow it deletes my droid's google account info. It shows me with no account and no way to add a gmail account, just corporate and facebook are listed. My contacts are blank and my market won't open because there is no google account. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I restored with a nandroid backup but I would like to be able to zipalign without losing account data.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried that as well and same thing happened. Just shrugged and restored. Won't be trying that again!

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have a problem with the new sapphire 0.7.0 rom, when I run the zipalign_apks script it seems to run fine but somehow it deletes my droid's google account info. It shows me with no account and no way to add a gmail account, just corporate and facebook are listed. My contacts are blank and my market won't open because there is no google account. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I restored with a nandroid backup but I would like to be able to zipalign without losing account data.

This is caused by the zipalign process modifying google proprietary files. It does not always happne but seems to in 0.7.0. A new release is on the way that should fix this problem. Also, in the future sapphire will be implementing a feature similar to cyanogen in which apps are zipaligned on install.

Mikejl

Reaction score
Yes, it happened to me too. I couldn't figure out how I lost my gmail account. Now I know.

I was able to just add it back though. Go to "Settings and Accounts" and add account. you will be able to restore it back that way.

Mike