Z4root constantly forces closed. I hit permanent root and it forces closed.

IAm

Reaction score
Gingerbreak worked for my d2g.

Very easy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
I

IAm

Reaction score
Running gb...I don't have access to a cpu...so there s no was to do it with just my phone?

iguanad

Reaction score
No, you need the D3 pc method.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

captain howdy

Reaction score
Z4 will not work with GB, there at least 20 post I have seen on this matter, only way to root GB is to use the droid3 one click method. Or sbf back to froyo and install the rooted GB.boo basically its down to this fact. No computer = no root

OP
I

IAm

Reaction score
Actually I just rooted my phone without a computer. I went to 4share and downloaded Gingerbreak 1.2 installed clicked the button root my phone and I am now rooted. I also rooted my Droid Pro with the same method. It is way worth the searching!

OP
I

IAm

Reaction score
Just rooted with Gingerbreak app no cpu needed. Awesome

silver6054

Reaction score
Just rooted with Gingerbreak app no cpu needed. Awesome

That's really good, and somewhat surprising as that exploit was meant to be patched. Which gingerbread version are you running, the OTA update, the .606 leak (or something else)? And have you confirmed that you are "really" rooted, by running something like Titanium Backup etc?

OP
I

IAm

Reaction score
I was running the ota gingerbread ud...I installed gingerbreak 1.3 from the 4shared app. Then I simply clicked root my phone, it rebooted and was successful in rooting my d2g. Since then I purchased the DROID 3 and couldn't be happier. What an amazing phone?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dAmnDroid

Reaction score
I'm trying Gingerbreak on Android 2.3.3 and it is taking more than 5 minutes, is this normal ahaha

silver6054

Reaction score
I'm trying Gingerbreak on Android 2.3.3 and it is taking more than 5 minutes, is this normal ahaha

So did it eventually work?

If it hadn't been for the Iam's posts, I would "know" that this couldn't work. Since I am already rooted, I don't want to unroot and try it! If it does work, it suggests that Moto for whatever reason didn't fold in the exploit fixes that were put into GB.

OP
I

IAm

Reaction score

I don't think that's normal. Mine rebooted within the minute....it did take several minutes to reboot though. It was well worth it just to have setcpu and open garden tether.
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums