Launcher pro/recovering to basic fission

Reaction score
So every day I keep getting a LauncherPRO error, the one where it asks if I want to wait or force close, and its pissing me off, so ifirst off, can anyone tell me why it might be doing that constantly and if there's a way to fix it? ( its the version that you can get from the fission download manager, so I can't uninstall it from the "easy uninstaller" app ...and secondly; what are the steps to go back to just basic Fission?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

leobg

Reaction score
I am not addressing the problem you are having directly, but I found recently on XDA a new launcher that can mimic pretty much all major platforms (from AOSP to Meizu) in therms of home screen look. It is called HeLauncher. Seems to be a lot lighter than LauncerPro/ADWLauncher, of course doesn't come nearly the functionality of those two, but sometimes simple is better and if you are looking to achieve certain look and feel, this may be the way to go. Plus since it seems to consume less battery and definitely less memory too.
You can find it on market too. Free :)

Asphyx

Reaction score
Launcher Pro is not installable via the FRM app.
The only thing there related to LauncherPro is a Theme for it.

Thats probably why you are getting force close issues in the first place. You installed a theme to a launcher you don't have!

Try Installing the free version of launcher pro and then uninstalling it to get back to the stock launcher.

You could also try using the changehome app but I think your better off installing LauncherPro , slecting one of it's default themes to undo the theme you flashed from fission and then uninstalling the whole thing. then the stock should come back healthy.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
right on i will try that, and post my results....also can anyone still give me a step by step on how to restore my D2G back to stock/factory settings, I know how to unroot it, but I dont know how to remove Fission and go back to factory OS settings

TrueSpin

Reaction score
Hopefully you made a nandroid backup before you installed Fission.
All you need to do is open your Bootstrap, and hit Reboot Recovery. This will reset the phone, and autoload the Boostrap. You can just hit Restore, and select your nandroid.
Voila. Pre-Fission. Just a Factory Reset away from all stock.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I forgot to make a nandroid back up, but it doesn't matter cause i might be trading my D2G for a Droid X, so I just want to reset it completely back to factory settings with no contacts and what not and just the apps it came with.

TrueSpin

Reaction score
The other option then is to flash sbf.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
You have to use RSDlite along with the SBF correct, I had a guide bookmarked but it got deleted so I gotta find that guide again! And soon cause the person im trading my new D2G for their new DX, is getting it in the mail today or tomorrow....which speaking off, would having a custom ROM (fission in my case) and having the phone rooted, cause a issue with doing a ESN swap when my buddy goes to hook up my D2G to his account, cause if not, I might just leave it this way if he decides he wants to use fission

Posted using the power of android and the D2G

Last edited:
OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
I found a guide on here for recovering back to stock android and in it, it says that you need to make sure your copy of the sbf is not corrupted, cause if its corrupted in a certain part of the file, it can perma brick your phonr, and so it warns to check that out before using the sbf, but it doesn't state how to do that, and on pc I would just use the trial and error method, but for obvious reasons that wouldn't work in thise case lol so how can I check to make sure my sbf is ok and also can someone link me a more detailed guide on recovering my phone@@@@

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Ok, so the Droid X just showed up from fed x, so I really gotta get fission off, and everything back to stock, out of the box factory settings on my D2G so I can give it to my buddy, and then I can keep the Droid X and hook that up to my account, so can anyone answer the questions in my previous post, cause like I said, I don't know how to make sure my sbf isn't corrupted and it would really suck to brick this phone cause then I end up with no phone, and I also wanna make sure I find the right guide to follow for doing the whole process with the sbf and rsdlite, so help a brother out peeps hahaha

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
They have the default GB launcher on FRM. And FRM does install LP.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3