Problem with Launcher Pro update?

Mike Dee

Reaction score
Hey all. Is anyone else having install difficulties with today's Launcher Pro update? I download it, the update attempts to install, then I get a notification saying "installation error: package not signed correctly," or something to that extent. FWIW, I'm on a D2G, running Fission ROM, and I bought Launcher Pro Plus. Anyone else in the same boat, or know what's going on?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

projectrang

Reaction score
I didn't have a bit of trouble. I'm also on original Droid though

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Scan1on

Reaction score
I get the same thing, I'm running Fission also, anyway to fix this?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Switch to a different launcher, delete LP, reboot, and dl'd it again. Since you purchased it, its yours so you won't have to pay for it again :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Scan1on

Reaction score
I used titanium backup... created a backup, hit uninstall, rebooted, still get same issue.

You don't realize how crappy the stock launcher is until you haven't used it for awhile LMAO.

Scan1on

Reaction score
Nevermind, rebooted a second time and it worked.... weird. Thanks bud!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, stock sucks! Haha!! Glad you got it going :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

bullswife98

Reaction score
Make sure you clear LP from your system apps to. When I change roms, I unistall from system apps to. Make sure you have another launcher to use first,ie. Adw or something or you won't be able to use your desktop. Use another launcher as a default. Then uninstall lp, clear everything then reboot, when phone comes back up and loaded go to titanium back up or I use astro file mngr scroll down and you tap on lp hit install and your good to go. Then go to manage apps go to your launcher that your using and hit clear defaults press home key and it should give you an option as what home to use. Choose lp and there you go.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
M

Mike Dee

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, guys! Problem solved! :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:lifting: Haha! :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
M

Mike Dee

Reaction score
Scan1on, were you running the Launcher Pro Gingerbread theme from Fission ROM Manager, also? If so, then I have a feeling that might be what was stopping us from being able to upgrade...

Scan1on

Reaction score
Yup gingerbread /w transitions ... the new animations for flipping between homescreens are sick

OP
M

Mike Dee

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the Fission theme I'm using, too. It's my favorite of all the available themes, so far. :) I was talking about the add-on, though. It's a Gingerbread theme specifically for LauncherPro, and it's in the add-on section of FRM. You can use it with any of the Fission themes, as long as you have LP installed. Were you using that as well? I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't allow us to install the update due to our having that LP "theme", since LP doesn't support themes (as far as I know; or at least, there are no official themes available).