Update Roaming/PRL (*228) no longer works after root?

TJConnery

Reaction score
I just tried to use *228 to update roaming capability, and it appears that the system does not recognize my touchtones when I try to select option 2.

Shouldn't this process still work after rooting? I was thinking it is a problem with the dialer on Fission 2.4.3, but the touchtones are recognized by other systems (i.e. checking work voicemail).

Does *228 work for you in Verizon?

D2G Global, Fission 2.4.3, Launcher Pro Plus.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried to use *228 to update roaming capability, and it appears that the system does not recognize my touchtones when I try to select option 2.

Shouldn't this process still work after rooting? I was thinking it is a problem with the dialer on Fission 2.4.3, but the touchtones are recognized by other systems (i.e. checking work voicemail).

Sometimes Verizons *228 doesn't work. Stuff happens, try it later in the day. Rooting would have nothing to do with this.

OP
T

TJConnery

Reaction score
thanks- verizon swamped already?

That's what I thought, unrelated. Could Verizon. Be swamped already? iPhone have only been on the street since last weekend!

I was able to get through on the 6th attempt.

Thanks!

BPIERSON1013

Reaction score

I'm having the same issue, I'm using KAOS Froyo v28, and when I use *228, it doesn't even give me a dialpad to hit the numbers. It has nothing to do with Verizon's network, it dials in and i hear "press 2 to update your roaming capabilities". Is this a known issue with Froyo or what?

OP
T

TJConnery

Reaction score
exactly!

I'm having the same issue, I'm using KAOS Froyo v28, and when I use *228, it doesn't even give me a dialpad to hit the numbers. It has nothing to do with Verizon's network, it dials in and i hear "press 2 to update your roaming capabilities". Is this a known issue with Froyo or what?

That is exactly the same issue I had. I reopened the phone keypad and hit 2 until it was recognized. Somehow, it worked on the 6th try.