3G not working after sbf and going to lib v.8

thegreyspot

Reaction score
[solved] 3G not working after sbf and going to lib v.8

Hey

I was having some issues with v.7 with boot looping. So i flashed back to sbf using usb and rsdlite. Then eventually go installed liberty v.8 from scratch with data wipe. Now my 3g does not work. I have the white "3g" written at the top and full bars, but none of my applications can connect to the internet.

I have tried activating my phone with *228 and updating roaming as well. And cleared my cache in bootstrap

Since i only pay for data with verizon and use gvoice and so for, any help would really be appreciated!

THanks!

Mike

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
If u were already on a .596 gingerbread kernal u should get 3g after u flashed .8

dxsys.xbl

Greg_droid

Reaction score
When I SBF'd last week, I lost 3g for a couple hours. Even after my attempt to reactivate & update roaming I still had to wait overnight for 3g to magically come back. Keep on mind this was before I installed Liberty, so I'm not sure what the issue was.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
May sound simple, but turn on airplane mode for a few minutes and then re enable data. It works for me when my data gets "stuck" like that

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

in99flames

Reaction score
Is your baseband version .12P?

This may have something to do with it. The old 2.2 sbf I had was only baseband version .07P when I flashed GB and liberty for the first time. I had no 3g at all.....I had to start over and find the right sbf with .12P then flash over. After that it worked fine....but then again that for me.

OP
T

thegreyspot

Reaction score
Is your baseband version .12P?

This may have something to do with it. The old 2.2 sbf I had was only baseband version .07P when I flashed GB and liberty for the first time. I had no 3g at all.....I had to start over and find the right sbf with .12P then flash over. After that it worked fine....but then again that for me.

Thanks all for responding. I tried the airplane mode, with no success.

My baseband is 0.12p, I could see this being the problem! Could you point me in the right direction for finding the right sbf?
Thanks

_matt

Reaction score
I had to reflash everything from step 1, going back to Froyo and then moving forward.