Liberty v.8 Customizer bootlooping

Rezael

Reaction score
**Liberty v.8 Blur Launcher Causing bootlooping

I got .8 installed and working properly set some options in the customizer and choose to reboot right away. Then began to bootloop. Anyone else have this issue?

Tried to factory reset, made the phone act nutz, sbfing now....sucks...

****After sbfing/reinstalling gb rooted(thanks tbh)/ I installed .8 and didnt choose the Blur Launcher I did not boot loop after using the customizer.

Last edited:

randroidran

Reaction score
It made me bootloop aswell. Luckily when I did a battery pull and restarted it put me into clockwordmod and I restored a backup. Probably going to wait for a fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dream

Reaction score
Did you guys wipe data before loading v0.8? Also, you need to delete the old customizer zip before you download the new one. I did both and had no issues loading v0.8 or the customizer.

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
Did you guys wipe data before loading v0.8? Also, you need to delete the old customizer zip before you download the new one. I did both and had no issues loading v0.8 or the customizer.[/QUOTE

i may have chosen an option you did not.

scitzo

Reaction score
I noticed that problem when using liberty customizer. For me what sent me into the boot loop was using the blur home launcher. When I used adw it did not boot loop me. Jrummy stated that blur home launcher may be buggy so that is most likely the problem

randroidran

Reaction score
I wiped everything and was bootlooping when trying to use the blur home. After removing the old customizer did you choose blur home and have any problems.

scitzo

Reaction score
I wiped everything and was bootlooping when trying to use the blur home. After removing the old customizer did you choose blur home and have any problems.

I just never used blur home again

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score

I just never used blur home again

Definetly was the Blur Launcher, just reinstalled .8 didnt use the blur launcher and i am now winnning. =). So yeah dont use that crap. Its bootlooping phones.

brillntred06

Reaction score
gonna try and re-install v0.8 without the blur launcher this time. Too bad cause that's one thing I missed from the original gingerbread release.

OP
Rezael

Rezael

Reaction score
So everyone has isolated the issue to blur home?

It was the only thing I did differently. From my first attempt at using the customizer.

jmarcusen

Reaction score
Happened for me as well when trying to install blur home.
Did you guys just sbf or what?

auracle2g

Reaction score
im using blurhome, blur everything tbh. this rom is running flawless. no hotreboots. no bootloops. i am truly impressed with this. jrummys a boss