Liberty GB .8 Google+Plus Problems

dddjames

Reaction score
Liberty GB .8 Google Permissions Problems

Hoping I can get a bit of assistance on this matter. I searched and was unable to find any similar issues. Just upgraded from 2.0.1 to GB v.8 via Liberty Toolbox Pro with no issues at all. Loving the rom. Only problem is...

My Google+ mobile app can't quite get set up. After I launch it I select my account to link it to and then it requests permissions for mobile updates. I can either click allow or deny but either selection immediately reboots my phone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Curious if you guys had any suggestions. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
OP
D

dddjames

Reaction score
Yes, full wipe when I installed Liberty GB. It reinstalled Google+ automatically through the market. I then uninstalled and reinstalled it after the issue, but the problem persisted.

I did notice last night that I got a permissions pop up when I launched Google Listen as well. I didn't click accept or deny, but instead just backed out and was able to continue using Listen.

Haven't been able to use Google+ app at all as it won't even let me in without getting past that permissions request.

OP
D

dddjames

Reaction score
Confirmed my suspicions and it seems to be something with the Google asking for permissions. I attempted to relaunch Google Listen, got a request from Google for RSS Reader Permissions, clicked allow, and it crashed to the Spinning Liberty Eagle again.

Launching Google Music does the same. Google+ requests "web updates", Google Listen request "RSS Reader Feeds" and Google Music requests "sj" (whatever that is). Music and Listen are both fully usable though.

These are the only permissions requests I've seen. Aren't these usually all covered when you first download these apps and allow all of the permissions. A bit confused...

Reaction score
That's weird. Something may have just been totally messed up with the install. Might be killing a fly with a howitzer here, but I might start over from a fresh SBF if something like that happened to me.

OP
D

dddjames

Reaction score
I'll probably hold off on that right now as I don't really want to start from scratch and get everything reloaded and downloaded right now. Hopefully someone else can chime in with some thoughts as well.

Also, what exactly does "Fix Permissions" do in the Liberty Toolbox?

And why would it be tied only to my google apps. I haven't had issues installing/using any other apps.

OP
D

dddjames

Reaction score
A little shameless bump to see if anyone else is experiencing this or could be of assistance. Changed the title as I now realize it is happening on ALL Google apps (+, Gmail, Maps, Music, Listen, etc.) Some are usable by backing away from the permissions, some are not.